Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Feeling very low at the moment. Seems I've lost my girlfriend due to my drinking problem. I'm devastated but I can't blame her, she gave me enough chances to turn it around. Our relationship was brilliant apart from my drinking which makes it all the more sad. Still hoping I can win her back somehow.

Going to go to my first AA meeting on Tuesday. I've also heard about a medication called Antabuse which I'm hoping I can get a prescription for. Already taking anti-depressants which have worked wonders for my mood.
Mate i'm sorry to hear that. Same thing happened to me. I lost my girlfriend due to my own issues. To say i'm devastated is an understatement. It's my own fault. She was the love of my life and i miss her like crazy. She was everything i ever wanted. I know how you're feeling. I had chances to change. Many, i didn't take the chances it and it cost me everything.

There is no chance we can get back together. She clearly hates me now and i have to accept that no matter what i do i can't get her back....I just hope you can pull it around and start to sort out what you need to do. If she understands it's a drink thing and she actually sees that you're trying it may work out great in the end. The hard work is worth it if it gets you two back together. Good luck mate. Don't give up.

Came back from holiday last Monday and I’ve just constantly been low since . Barely left the house other than for the 2 games . All I want to do is sleep , my concentration is shot to bits .

Going to see the mental health nurse again next week so I’ll just plod on til then .

I’m just completely bored of life and can’t find any enthusiasm for anything. .
I'm going through that again myself. I'm so bored with this crap that i would happily sleep forever. I can't of course because i have a kid but the only advice i can give you is to try and do something. Even if it's just a 20 minute walk a day. The longest i've stayed in continuously was almost 3 weeks without opening the blinds. It's so unhealthy. Hope you get out of this soon.

Mate i'm sorry to hear that. Same thing happened to me. I lost my girlfriend due to my own issues. To say i'm devastated is an understatement. It's my own fault. She was the love of my life and i miss her like crazy. She was everything i ever wanted. I know how you're feeling. I had chances to change. Many, i didn't take the chances it and it cost me everything.

There is no chance we can get back together. She clearly hates me now and i have to accept that no matter what i do i can't get her back....I just hope you can pull it around and start to sort out what you need to do. If she understands it's a drink thing and she actually sees that you're trying it may work out great in the end. The hard work is worth it if it gets you two back together. Good luck mate. Don't give up.

I'm going through that again myself. I'm so bored with this crap that i would happily sleep forever. I can't of course because i have a kid but the only advice i can give you is to try and do something. Even if it's just a 20 minute walk a day. The longest i've stayed in continuously was almost 3 weeks without opening the blinds. It's so unhealthy. Hope you get out of this soon.
You are right mate . This is not a recent issue though it’s been ongoing nearly 5 years now . Sometimes it goes away but comes back with a vengeance like now .
I hope things improve for you mate.

Came back from holiday last Monday and I’ve just constantly been low since . Barely left the house other than for the 2 games . All I want to do is sleep , my concentration is shot to bits .

Going to see the mental health nurse again next week so I’ll just plod on til then .

Even though the meds I take help out I constantly have to battle this feeling.

It doesn't help me not working, but like you all know I'm changing career and retraining at the minute but it's dragging on and on.

Only a couple weeks left now thankfully.

Only time I seem to go out is for a couple pints with mates, twice a week.

I'm just hoping I enjoy my new job and find happiness through doing that. And take it from there.

It's sooo easy to type out positive advice on here, but it's soo hard actually doing any of it in person.

Even though the meds I take help out I constantly have to battle this feeling.

It doesn't help me not working, but like you all know I'm changing career and retraining at the minute but it's dragging on and on.

Only a couple weeks left now thankfully.

Only time I seem to go out is for a couple pints with mates, twice a week.

I'm just hoping I enjoy my new job and find happiness through doing that. And take it from there.

It's sooo easy to type out positive advice on here, but it's soo hard actually doing any of it in person.
Fingers crossed the job works out mate . I don’t know when I’ll work again. Been registered blind (severe sight loss) now and and got some laser surgery to go . Plus another op on my hooter . I’ve always worked myself up to until 5 years ago and I just can’t seem to catch a break health wise.

It’s hard to keep motivated and things I am supposed to enjoy just seem hollow and pointless . I can’t stomach being around people even family and mates .

I can’t even be arsed having a pint ffs lol.

Fingers crossed the job works out mate . I don’t know when I’ll work again. Been registered blind (severe sight loss) now and and got some laser surgery to go . Plus another op on my hooter . I’ve always worked myself up to until 5 years ago and I just can’t seem to catch a break health wise.

It’s hard to keep motivated and things I am supposed to enjoy just seem hollow and pointless . I can’t stomach being around people even family and mates .

I can’t even be arsed having a pint ffs lol.
Use this place to keep your mind active, it's good to interact on here rather than not speaking to anyone at all..

Things will pick up mate they always do somehow

I know the feeling, mate. Have you thought about throwing yourself into something new? I started doing some volunteering and it's switched things up a bit for me. It's only for one evening a week, but doing something different and out of my comfort zone has really helped me.

I know the feeling, mate. Have you thought about throwing yourself into something new? I started doing some volunteering and it's switched things up a bit for me. It's only for one evening a week, but doing something different and out of my comfort zone has really helped me.

Volunteering is brilliant, as it gets you out of the house, you`re doing something worthwhile and gives you a massive reality check / makes you realise that there`s lots of people out there in a much worse situation than you.

If you truly love her mate use that to spur you on to try and quit the drink. Do that, show her you can change and maybe she’ll respect that and agree to be with you again. Good luck.

If you do all that and still cannot rebuild your relationship, it's not the end of the world. Use what you've learnt positively in your new relationships.

I have been through divorce, settlement etc so I know first hand how difficult life can seem.

Life really does get better, trust me

Don't dwell on what could have been. Move forward to something better. But don't rush it. Take your time and discover yourself. If your daughter is the most important thing in your life, use that to focus on being a better 'you'. That will benefit her more than anything mate.

Volunteering is brilliant, as it gets you out of the house, you`re doing something worthwhile and gives you a massive reality check / makes you realise that there`s lots of people out there in a much worse situation than you.

Absolutely. It's made me change the way I think about a lot of things. The kind people I've met through it has also been a big positive.

I really need to find a way to do that.

It comes slowly mate. Small steps. Each one you take makes life better. Your life will improve based on small gains, there is no 'one solution fixes all'.

That was my problem for a long time, trying to fix everything simultaneously. It stressed me out immensely, thus making things seemingly worse.

Utilise friends and family. Take your daughter to do lots of nice things but most of all, keep yourself busy when you haven't got your kid.

Yes mate I’m waiting for a referral to EITC and I’m hoping it gets sorted soon .

I’ve just took the dog around Walton park so that’s a bit of progress