Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Mines not so much the past i dont dwell on that to much, just the future... but then nothin ever happens that i worry about haha

Same here. Got not much in real important life to fret about, so making sure I deliver a parcel at an agreed time makes me worry. Its totally normal. The brain needs it at times. Makes us go to work if you think about it.

When you have processed the overthinking of past decisions, do you eventually just accept the situation you are currently in? Like basic life stuff.

No I tend to beat myself up about it but I am getting better. I am a perfectionist and a bit of a control freak as well so tied with the over thinking is a bit much sometimes. However like @YoboCopter said it's just good writing in here sometimes with enough anonymity to be a little private but enough friendliness to feel people are being on the level.

No I tend to beat myself up about it but I am getting better. I am a perfectionist and a bit of a control freak as well so tied with the over thinking is a bit much sometimes. However like @YoboCopter said it's just good writing in here sometimes with enough anonymity to be a little private but enough friendliness to feel people are being on the level.

But it doesnt overwhelm you?

Same here. Got not much in real important life to fret about, so making sure I deliver a parcel at an agreed time makes me worry. Its totally normal. The brain needs it at times. Makes us go to work if you think about it.
Yep this, people actualy comment because i fret over tiny things they say imagine you had real worrys.. its in jest like but its true aswell isnt it.. makes alot of sense what your saying another way of looking at it..

If you didnt worry life would basically be one permanent happy time and thats not realistic at all!

Yer am the same regards control and perfection making me laff actually could of rote that myself.. o well as mentioned theres worse habbits!

But it doesnt overwhelm you?

Wastes a lot of my time but no I'm not overwhelmed by it. I just wish I did over think so much cos people all throw it at me when I start doubting decisions. Even when I was younger and more spontaneous I still over thought it just wasnt as obvious. I like to think me coming on here might help others as much as it helps me. It took me a long time to pluck up courage to type my first post. Now I've started I am finding it easier to open up!

Im the same mate train regular when am in gym its great, tunes on etc but its just when am not in gym for other 22 hours a day lol
I've used running to clear my head for years but this seperation divorce and battling my wife and daughter constantly is draining me.
I was running 3 times a week which is the minimum for general fitness most people say but I've just recently lost interest and motivation and keep going out running then giving up and walking home

I've used running to clear my head for years but this seperation divorce and battling my wife and daughter constantly is draining me.
I was running 3 times a week which is the minimum for general fitness most people say but I've just recently lost interest and motivation and keep going out running then giving up and walking home

Try changing your routes mate.

I find that running the same route over and over again just bores the life out of you and saps your motivation.

This time of year I find it hard to snap out of not feeling great. Winter has always been the season I don't like. And Christmas is not something I look forward to as I'm single and no kids and kinda feel like I'm missin out on things.
Know it's nothing I can really sort out but if I could hibernate til March I would!
This is my first Christmas alone for 14 years mate, I'm actually really scared. I do have a 13 year old daughter but she has little interest in me. I keep trying but every single day at the moment she is negative towards me. Today she said when she visits me at my new flat she is bored ( because I can't afford sky Disney )and I make her sad and angry. I literally don't have to speak now ( because I am honestly very very shy and quiet and she says I'm being grumpy and I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.
I'm going through a devorce.
Do you spend Christmas day on your own?

This is my first Christmas alone for 14 years mate, I'm actually really scared. I do have a 13 year old daughter but she has little interest in me. I keep trying but every single day at the moment she is negative towards me. Today she said when she visits me at my new flat she is bored ( because I can't afford sky Disney )and I make her sad and angry. I literally don't have to speak now ( because I am honestly very very shy and quiet and she says I'm being grumpy and I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.
I'm going through a devorce.
Do you spend Christmas day on your own?
I don't mate. I go out home to my parents for the dinner. But I come back home in the evening then. Been honest seeing Everyone else with families and that hurt me. So I like goin home. But hate been on my own. If that makes any sense

I don't mate. I go out home to my parents for the dinner. But I come back home in the evening then. Been honest seeing Everyone else with families and that hurt me. So I like goin home. But hate been on my own. If that makes any sense
It makes perfect sense mate. You seem to enjoy the banter and company of family but don't want to be a burden so make your excuses and slip off home.
What about staying into the evening or overnight?