Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Rough two weeks, coinciding with some of the best results in work - can't feel anything but anger right now.
Have you tried talking to someone mate , councilling wise might help, it did with me in the past.
Do yourself favour tell somebody in there you need help coping at the moment and get some support, just incase you flip and do something you shouldn't ,go a bit over the top, i have done a few daft things in the past when I have been like that , actually got put off work saying I was a danger to the public at one stage, went through all the drugs off the doctor steadily stronger, untill I got to talk to a councillor and later a shrink, did me more good than the drugs ever did, thankfully haven't had any episode of it for a good while,
Had a bit of a relapse the other week but managed to pull myself together before I hurt anybody, sort of mixed feelings bit of should of put them in there place , but proud that I just didn't give in and do it.
Don't be scared to ask for help mate, you can pm me if you need to let off steam and don't want to put it out there.
That goes for anybody that needs a bit of help at this difficult time of year.

How do you stop overthinking? Basically would like to live “in the moment more”

Ive bascislly got nothing to worry about but sumtimes ill overthink to the point of worry and cant get rid of like a sense of “dread” but the dread is none existant if that makes sense

Basically making myself stressed when got nothing to stress over

Any words of wisdom?

Ive bascislly got nothing to worry about but sumtimes ill overthink to the point of worry and cant get rid of like a sense of “dread” but the dread is none existant if that makes sense

Any words of wisdom?

Aerobic exercise does it for me.

Blasts it all away.

Any words of wisdom?

Not wisdom, just fact,

Accept that the human brain needs stress and anxiety, in the same way it needs happiness and peace. Ergo, it is totally normal to feel anxious, in the same way we sometimes feel happy, both, for no apparent reason.

The natural balance within the brain will ensure neither emotions overwhelm you. Most are overwhelmed by negative emotions, (panic attacks, major stress etc) when the balance of the brain has altered. Thats when it needs fixing/re educated.

Not wisdom, just fact,

Accept that the human brain needs stress and anxiety, in the same way it needs happiness and peace. Ergo, it is totally normal to feel anxious, in the same way we sometimes feel happy, both, for no apparent reason.

The natural balance within the brain will ensure neither emotions overwhelm you. Most are overwhelmed by negative emotions, (panic attacks, major stress etc) when the balance of the brain has altered. Thats when it needs fixing/re educated.
So finding something to worry about is completely normal? Coz thats basically what doing.. because from the outside and admittly my life dosent actually have much stress

So finding something to worry about is completely normal? Coz thats basically what doing.. because from the outside and admittly my life dosent actually have much stress

Yep. Accept that, and the puzzle is solved.

In the exact same way, for absolutely no particular reason, you drive to work almost light headed with contentment. The back of the brain does stress, the front of the brain does nice. They both need fulfilling at times. Problems occur when the front of the brain is overwhelmed by the back of the brain. Then you need professional assistance to help the front of the brain to take back control.

edit. In a poor nutshell.

Last edited:

Any words of wisdom?

I'm an over thinker and there is nothing you can do but you can try and channel it productively. If you manage to do it let me know how. I always think about every worst outcome and sounds like your the same. I replay every decision I've ever made and think I should have done this or should have done that. I know I over think everyone tells me I over think bit that's it. Coming on here makes me feel better in an odd way as at least I know I'm not the only one. You should take it that way as well. Some people have other nuances which are far more destructive to others and themselves.

I'm an over thinker and there is nothing you can do but you can try and channel it productively. If you manage to do it let me know how. I always think about every worst outcome and sounds like your the same. I replay every decision I've ever made and think I should have done this or should have done that. I know I over think everyone tells me I over think bit that's it. Coming on here makes me feel better in an odd way as at least I know I'm not the only one. You should take it that way as well. Some people have other nuances which are far more destructive to others and themselves.

When you have processed the overthinking of past decisions, do you eventually just accept the situation you are currently in? Like basic life stuff.

Some good posts there! And as you say for what ever reason just posting it and people helping talking about similar has honestly lifted my mood...

Strange isnt it a bunch of randoms on the internet haha but it helps alot!

Nice one

Some good posts there! And as you say for what ever reason just posting it and people helping talking about similar has honestly lifted my mood...

Nice one
Mines not so much the past i dont dwell on that to much, just the future... but then nothin ever happens that i worry about haha

Nice one

It is. Mrs R had an issue earlier in the year, and how it was all explained to us both made it so much easier to digest and deal with. It wasnt easy, but it made sense. Which made it manageable.