Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Having had to do consultations with 3 different departments and make several people redundant I got the dreaded letter myself yesterday. Obviously once you've cut the staff numbers down you don't need as many managers. It's the classic way of doing these things. It's not that I disagree with the process, I've seen it coming but it doesn't make it any easier. Basically my job is disappearing, so either I get made redundant or promoted, with a tiny pay rise, the promoted job"s salary is 45% less than the job currently pays. I have some money saved, I would get 3 months notice and about 6 months net pay in redundancy money but it has still shaken me up.

Having had to do consultations with 3 different departments and make several people redundant I got the dreaded letter myself yesterday. Obviously once you've cut the staff numbers down you don't need as many managers. It's the classic way of doing these things. It's not that I disagree with the process, I've seen it coming but it doesn't make it any easier. Basically my job is disappearing, so either I get made redundant or promoted, with a tiny pay rise, the promoted job"s salary is 45% less than the job currently pays. I have some money saved, I would get 3 months notice and about 6 months net pay in redundancy money but it has still shaken me up.

I'm sure you're not alone in this happening mate.

It's happened to me and the best bit of advice I was given was to use any contacts / friends that could possibly help find you a job, even if it means a complete change of job.

A mate of mine created a temp job for me within her company another mate got me a few driving jobs. These all helped tide me over until I found a full time job.

It's a bottle tester, but sometimes it can be one of the best things that can happen to you x

Have decided to sign myself off work for a week, my mind is just far too scrambled at the moment and being in that unhappy environment is only making it worse.

I've considered doing this quite a few times before but previously refrained because I instead decided to just try to plough on and that it was just a crappy phase I'd get through. Also because I didn't want to leave my employers in the lurch with my sudden absence, I know they'll struggle without me. Today though all that went out the window, I've had enough of putting other arsehole people's convenience before my own wellbeing.

A friend of mine had requested next weekend off so he could spend a few days away with his girlfriend for her 21st. It was point-blank refused despite him giving them plenty of notice. We found out today that management have given several other workers, people who don't pull their weight whatsoever but are part of the "in crowd", that weekend off on spur of the moment notice. Simply so this lot can go out and get plastered whilst watching the boxing and not have to come in hungover. On top of that they've put me and friend's names down on the rotor (without asking us first) to cover these people's hours. Absolutely no chance, I've rubbed my name off and they can get to F.

I've been in a bad way and not made the necessary steps to get myself feeling better. I'm making them now and the first one is having time to myself to get my head clear again, away from certain people who automatically put me in a bad mood with the way they behave. To hell with the job, I'm not resigning (I am applying elsewhere) but I'm taking a full yard off them, not an inch. I feel I've earnt the right with how hard I work compared to certain others. It's about time I thumbed my nose back at them the way they do at me and certain other workers who break our backs but get treated like garbage. I hope with a little break where I can do some constructive things I will raise my mood levels and stop beating myself up so much about the state of my life.
Did it myself mate couple of occasions in the last while including my final week in old job which I couldn't face . You need to put yourself first sometimes . Hope you get some head space.

Had a very interesting conversation with my therapist yesterday about the relationship between (literally) a healthy gut, anxiety and depression. Got me researching today, and have read quite a few good articles like this: http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/link-between-depression-anxiety-and-gut-health/ . I thought it was interesting, as it's not something that's really mentioned, so just thought it might help some on here.

Went through a break up last night. Knew it was coming to be honest (not that it makes it any better), and for the last week or so my stomach has been all over the shop, still is a bit. I had a suspicion the anxiety of knowing what was incoming was the source of the problem, which reading your link might be the case.

We (humans) are a more complex machine than we realise.

Went through a break up last night. Knew it was coming to be honest (not that it makes it any better), and for the last week or so my stomach has been all over the shop, still is a bit. I had a suspicion the anxiety of knowing what was incoming was the source of the problem, which reading your link might be the case.

We (humans) are a more complex machine than we realise.
Hope it's not too messy mate. Went through a bit of a hard one last year.

Get on to me and @Baines' left foot for tinder tips when you're ready.

Hope it's not too messy mate. Went through a bit of a hard one last year.

Get on to me and @Baines' left foot for tinder tips when you're ready.

Cheers, never tried the tinder thing before as i'm anti-FP and always seen them as going hand in hand.

Was just 6 months so not like we were shacked up and have to start selling stuff but still a bit of a kick in the nuts as things were going well and we both could see something long term developing. Unfortunately a heap of stuff happened in her life recently, and either adversity brings you together or pushes you apart and in this case it was the later. She had a kid who I made the effort to bond with given they were a package deal so its two losses I guess.

Everything always works out in the end just needs a bit of time to let it all settle down and get back to normal.

Cheers, never tried the tinder thing before as i'm anti-FP and always seen them as going hand in hand.

Was just 6 months so not like we were shacked up and have to start selling stuff but still a bit of a kick in the nuts as things were going well and we both could see something long term developing. Unfortunately a heap of stuff happened in her life recently, and either adversity brings you together or pushes you apart and in this case it was the later. She had a kid who I made the effort to bond with given they were a package deal so its two losses I guess.

Everything always works out in the end just needs a bit of time to let it all settle down and get back to normal.
Of course mate, I was with my ex for 18 months, pretty much lived there, she has a little one as well who at times I miss just as much as her.

The hardest part for me was when I'd pick my little lad up and he'd ask why we weren't going there.

As you say though everything works out in the end and I'm sure it will for you. Tinder at times for me is just a vanity project with some side sex.

Of course mate, I was with my ex for 18 months, pretty much lived there, she has a little one as well who at times I miss just as much as her.

The hardest part for me was when I'd pick my little lad up and he'd ask why we weren't going there.

As you say though everything works out in the end and I'm sure it will for you. Tinder at times for me is just a vanity project with some side sex.

It's even more of head wrecker when there's kids involved mate x

It's even more of head wrecker when there's kids involved mate x
Absolutely mate. Has to be the one for my next to meet Junior Sap.

Top tip:

Don't spend too much time writing thoughtful messages. You'll only get ignored. Copy and paste is the only way to go.

This. I've got a new opening gambit Friend. 100% hit rate so far.

Seriously though lads/ladies, we are here for you.