Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

In a bit of a pit at the moment... As I posted on here, I got fired in January and had to work 9 weeks notice. That expired back on April 9th and since then I've been out of work. The money side isn't so bad. With their payoff and some freelance stuff I won't feel the pinch for at least 4 months. It's just the boredom and being on my own a lot that's getting to me.

I've also had a couple of personal projects (hobbies that I take seriously) come to an end having not achieved stuff I worked super hard towards, that stings as well. I'm struggling to get motivated for much of anything and that clown Moshiri even fired me on football manager. I just feel a bit lost and useless.

In a bit of a pit at the moment... As I posted on here, I got fired in January and had to work 9 weeks notice. That expired back on April 9th and since then I've been out of work. The money side isn't so bad. With their payoff and some freelance stuff I won't feel the pinch for at least 4 months. It's just the boredom and being on my own a lot that's getting to me.

I've also had a couple of personal projects (hobbies that I take seriously) come to an end having not achieved stuff I worked super hard towards, that stings as well. I'm struggling to get motivated for much of anything and that clown Moshiri even fired me on football manager. I just feel a bit lost and useless.
Have another go at the serious hobbies. Sometimes a step backwards to then go forwards. Weather is brighter, season is coming to an end, you're away from the toxicity of the knobs that ran the previous place so badly. Something will alter, it always does.

Fuming with myself at the moment. Over the last three years I've been very diligent taking covid precautions (masking indoors, boosters, skipping many crowded events) which has probably had a negative impact on my social life/mental health, however this past weekend I went to some outdoor concerts maskless as I figured outdoors would be fine. Now I've tested positive today and feel terrible.

After 3 years of good health and no covid, one lapse in judgement was punished. Just kicking myself

Fuming with myself at the moment. Over the last three years I've been very diligent taking covid precautions (masking indoors, boosters, skipping many crowded events) which has probably had a negative impact on my social life/mental health, however this past weekend I went to some outdoor concerts maskless as I figured outdoors would be fine. Now I've tested positive today and feel terrible.

After 3 years of good health and no covid, one lapse in judgement was punished. Just kicking myself

I wouldn’t be too hard on yourself; you can’t hide from it forever and you should (hopefully) not get particularly ill from it by now. If you admit your previous actions for the last 3 years have had a negative social & mental impact possibly even this happening will turn out to be a good thing?

It’s just something we all have to live with now. Not saying don’t keep washing your hands and stuff but masks at a concert is maybe just not needed now (also thought masks stopped spread not receipt?).

No, not a lapse in judgement - you took a fair risk, and it really was a fair risk. I am sorry you contracted it. I caught it this past fall for the first time, despite working in medical facilities, long term care clinics, etc. The reality is it can just happen, no matter what you do.

For my first day, I felt like a truck had run over me, after that better and better. Hope it rolls the same for you.

How are

How are you feeling today? Remember, if you see a really bright light - STAY AWAY FROM THE LIGHT! ;>

How are

How are you feeling today? Remember, if you see a really bright light - STAY AWAY FROM THE LIGHT! ;>
Feeling a bit better today, the worst of it was definitely tuesday/Wednesday evening. Gradually improving since as I started on antivirals Wednesday evening. I'm mainly just concerned about/hoping to avoid the possible long term effects some people have after their initial infections (my main concern with covid all along was long term effects, not the initial illness).

The main reason I've been kicking myself over it is my sister attended the same event with me while wearing an n95 and she didn't end up catching covid.

Just going to take things one day at a time and hopefully be bolstered by a toffee win tomorrow.

Thanks for following up, appreciate it mate 😁

Feeling a bit better today, the worst of it was definitely tuesday/Wednesday evening. Gradually improving since as I started on antivirals Wednesday evening. I'm mainly just concerned about/hoping to avoid the possible long term effects some people have after their initial infections (my main concern with covid all along was long term effects, not the initial illness).

The main reason I've been kicking myself over it is my sister attended the same event with me while wearing an n95 and she didn't end up catching covid.

Just going to take things one day at a time and hopefully be bolstered by a toffee win tomorrow.

Good to hear you are feeling better with hopefully no long term effects.

I agree with what others have posted mate, you didn't do anything wrong at all. At some point we all have to start living our lives again. Hope you're continuing to improve.

Hope you are feeling better. Don't be too hard on yourself. as others have said, I think we just have to live with it now. I was the same as you, did everything right, followed all the precautions and caught it while out at a family meal - none of the rest of the family got it. The luck of the draw I guess.

Will get on that myself.

Coming towards the ends of my CBT therapy so that will prove a good resource for me going forward.
Charro how have you found your CBT Therapy? I've had many a " conversation " about the benefits of CBT, of asking people to " think " and approach their issues differently. Indeed, as a psychiatric nurse I tell my students that if they're not utilizing a form of CBT in their practice, then they are not doing their job.

Problem is, it can be time consuming and there aren't enough nurses, psychologists to " go around " for everyone. The only " downside " to CBT is that it addresses the hear and now and doesn't address the psycho analytic - the history of someone - which can often be the root of someone's problem. A good, example is historic abuse experienced as a child. CBT would not work.

I'm pleased you've experienced CBT and hope it has been a success for you. It has an excellent evidence base for working really well. I thought you may be able to share the knowledge or skills you have acquired with people that may benefit from it. For example directing people to reading material that may be helpful. Take care buddy.