Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Just watched an interview with a famous person who said a line that has stuck with me. Was asked a question about his supposed "difficult" reputation and being criticised by certain people he's crossed paths with.

"Look, I am who I am. And I like who I am. I just don't care (about his detractors). And what REALLY bothers them about me is they know that I don't care."

As long as you like who you are, and believe me I know that's bloody hard sometimes, then you're winning at life.

After a few weeks sober and in AA I relapsed, badly. Girlfriend is in hospital having major surgery and I didn’t go and see her because I was [Poor language removed] up.

Looked in her bedside table for something and found photos and letters from her ex. No issue with her having them, but it cut me up regardless.

Only reprieve is no Everton until December.

Dont beat yourself up lad we all fall off the wagon at some point and go back to arl habits.

Main thing is to acknowledge the problem and take the right steps to make it a one off ?

Some amazing people take part in this thread, and also a special mention for those who reply to them with messages of support.
Theis is the only thing I read online, that restores my faith in humanity.
The site should open in this thread and only let you post anything else when you have read the latest and are up to date.
Would make a lot of people reconsider what they write, who they say what to, and what we all have to be thankful for.
You never really know what people go through so being kinder should be our intent whenever on here.
There is so much upheaval, uncertainty and things to worry about generally without personal specifics, that everyone should be clear that regardless of differences of opinion, wumming or multis, there are a larger group within here that will have your back should you need it.
I am grateful for this forum.

Some amazing people take part in this thread, and also a special mention for those who reply to them with messages of support.
Theis is the only thing I read online, that restores my faith in humanity.
The site should open in this thread and only let you post anything else when you have read the latest and are up to date.
Would make a lot of people reconsider what they write, who they say what to, and what we all have to be thankful for.
You never really know what people go through so being kinder should be our intent whenever on here.
There is so much upheaval, uncertainty and things to worry about generally without personal specifics, that everyone should be clear that regardless of differences of opinion, wumming or multis, there are a larger group within here that will have your back should you need it.
I am grateful for this forum.
Have you checked Messymascot faith in humanity thread? Started by a great poster and all round thoroughly good bloke Karl and kept open in his honour after his passing. Loads of lovely people in there, nothing is off topic just banter, support and sometimes general silliness. Worth a look if you haven’t already.?

I never post in here guys ashamedly but I have nowhere and nobody else to listen so I’m here ?‍♂️ I am struggling … I’m in a very dark place right now and I see no way out … I laugh and joke along with everyone on here but I’ve never felt more sad and alone than I feel right now … where does the help come from guys ? I’ve never asked for help and I’ll admit I struggle to ask for it as I’ve always considered myself to be a strong person and I deal with my own problems myself … I honestly have empathy with every single one of you who have posted on this amazing thread but right now I’ve never felt more lost, sad and lonely than I’ve ever felt before and I just don’t see a way out … sorry for waffling on but I just needed to vent somewhere to somebody
You’re a top lad Kurt. A Celtic cousin on here and I love your contribution.

All mates here for a chat.

Thankyou, todays been a good day.. very productive and the first day in a long time I woke up feeling good about things.. no sense of doom and gloom and no black cloud … hopefully through the worst of it thanks to all on here … a special mention to those who have gone out of their way and given up their time to contact me personally, I won’t embarrass them by naming names but they know who they are and hopefully they know how in debt I am to them all xx
Some cracking people on here mate, hope your ok

@Brendan Janus
It's probably easiest here. Where there are plenty of others that have shared their pain and suffering. It aint easy, but, the longer you keep hold of it, the more corrosion it does inside. When you've been let down, when you've been flucked over, when it's as dark as you can ever remember. It's the talking it out and the coming to terms with whatever it is. Loss, betrayal, abuse, dereliction of care, it's not always so easy to find the sunny side - keep it light, sometimes the hurt needs to be felt first to then start to heal. Hard yards, difficult times, booze does not help or fix anything. Self destruction is exactly what it says. Believe it or not 'giving up' is actually more 'loss'. And loss is eventual regret. Wan.kers saying 'pull yourself together' simply aint listening, but they may be snowed under themselves. Was gonna post this earlier... https://www.thecalmzone.net/ but wussed out. There is help out there and in here, the hardest part in that is you actually want to have to want it. Having lost a chunk of time floundering myself, it's that recognition and reflection that was as destructive as the cause. It didn't happen overnight (I suspect but don't know) so it is unrealistic to expect a cure overnight either.

First most positive step is shouting it up, positive steps...

@Brendan Janus
It's probably easiest here. Where there are plenty of others that have shared their pain and suffering. It aint easy, but, the longer you keep hold of it, the more corrosion it does inside. When you've been let down, when you've been flucked over, when it's as dark as you can ever remember. It's the talking it out and the coming to terms with whatever it is. Loss, betrayal, abuse, dereliction of care, it's not always so easy to find the sunny side - keep it light, sometimes the hurt needs to be felt first to then start to heal. Hard yards, difficult times, booze does not help or fix anything. Self destruction is exactly what it says. Believe it or not 'giving up' is actually more 'loss'. And loss is eventual regret. Wan.kers saying 'pull yourself together' simply aint listening, but they may be snowed under themselves. Was gonna post this earlier... https://www.thecalmzone.net/ but wussed out. There is help out there and in here, the hardest part in that is you actually want to have to want it. Having lost a chunk of time floundering myself, it's that recognition and reflection that was as destructive as the cause. It didn't happen overnight (I suspect but don't know) so it is unrealistic to expect a cure overnight either.

First most positive step is shouting it up, positive steps...
100%, especially regarding “pull yourself together”. At the height of my anxiety and panic issues every time I heard that I wanted to scream “Don’t you think I would if I could?”

Upped my sertraline from 50mg to 100mg, do feel like it's helping though.

I know it doesn't work for some people but seems to be working for me and did in the past too.

Feeling better in myself and things are going good with my girlfriend despite the previous slip up.

One issue I'm currently having is that I'm feeling sleepy a lot of the time, falling asleep on the couch and then when going to bed I'm struggling to sleep or I'm waking at like 5am then needing to nap in the day because tired.

I'm not sure if I've asked this before but I'll ask again just to double check. Does anyone else have bladder issues when it comes to sleeping? I asked my doctor years ago and was told it was due to my anxiety but curious if anyone else experiences similar.

I'll go the bathroom with no issues during the day, come bed time it's a different story, I wake up frequently to go, when I do go sometimes not a lot comes out, however if I don't go I get bad stomach pains.

If other people have similar experiences then I'm glad it's not just me, just been going on too long now and it's extremely frustrating.
I find this happens to me sometimes and it’s anxiety related for me. But it can be other issues so probably wise to discuss with a doctor if you’re worried

100%, especially regarding “pull yourself together”. At the height of my anxiety and panic issues every time I heard that I wanted to scream “Don’t you think I would if I could?”
Blows my mind that people say stuff like that, I mean, they wouldn’t go up to someone in a wheel chair and say pull yourself together and just walk.

Too right mate. That's how I used to feel when the anxiety / depression came calling. I used to be angry with myself at being unable to "pull myself together" and it was a horrible place to be. When we're in the depths we seem so search even more for the kindness of others, but I think more importantly than anything else is to try to be a bit kinder to ourselves and not to see being unable to pull yourself together as failure.