Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I never post in here guys ashamedly but I have nowhere and nobody else to listen so I’m here ?‍♂️ I am struggling … I’m in a very dark place right now and I see no way out … I laugh and joke along with everyone on here but I’ve never felt more sad and alone than I feel right now … where does the help come from guys ? I’ve never asked for help and I’ll admit I struggle to ask for it as I’ve always considered myself to be a strong person and I deal with my own problems myself … I honestly have empathy with every single one of you who have posted on this amazing thread but right now I’ve never felt more lost, sad and lonely than I’ve ever felt before and I just don’t see a way out … sorry for waffling on but I just needed to vent somewhere to somebody.

Hi mate,

I remember that you used to be big into doing all the outdoor activities, are you still getting out and doing stuff ?

I find it`s a great way of switching off and clearing your head.

You`ve got that beautiful mountain and coastline on your doorstep too and in it`s own way, it`s even more beautiful now, when the weather is like this.

Hi mate,

I remember that you used to be big into doing all the outdoor activities, are you still getting out and doing stuff ?

I find it`s a great way of switching off and clearing your head.

You`ve got that beautiful mountain and coastline on your doorstep too and in it`s own way, it`s even more beautiful now, when the weather is like this.
Hi mate, yeah I’m trying to get out and about but it’s a battle finding the motivation. I’ll get through it , I know I will but it’s just getting through this bit

I never post in here guys ashamedly but I have nowhere and nobody else to listen so I’m here ?‍♂️ I am struggling … I’m in a very dark place right now and I see no way out … I laugh and joke along with everyone on here but I’ve never felt more sad and alone than I feel right now … where does the help come from guys ? I’ve never asked for help and I’ll admit I struggle to ask for it as I’ve always considered myself to be a strong person and I deal with my own problems myself … I honestly have empathy with every single one of you who have posted on this amazing thread but right now I’ve never felt more lost, sad and lonely than I’ve ever felt before and I just don’t see a way out … sorry for waffling on but I just needed to vent somewhere to somebody
RING ME

Hi mate, yeah I’m trying to get out and about but it’s a battle finding the motivation. I’ll get through it , I know I will but it’s just getting through this bit
It sounds like you might be somewhere picturesque, camera phone will do it, lets have a pic of the shore or the mountain/hills or the trees or an empty country lane - theres a chap named carlos that'll go bananas for some media. I find it difficult fighting my way out of the door at times, but when I'm out and doing whatevers to do, I'm a lot lot better for being there and doing. The hurdle of jeans on, shoes on, coat on etc is the part that makes the pay off.
Also with there being less light and the cold turning up its perfectly normal to not be in the highest spirits, some sunlight and some fresh air do wonders.
If I ask really nicely can carlos have a pic please? :)

I have come to the conclusion to finally give up on the ale and just stick to Heineken zero or coke. Anytime I have a drink, the next day I feel absolutley awful and back to square one. I was out Saturday and threw up quite a lot yesterday, I don't think mixing alcohol with Sertraline is a good idea. Anyone here give up drinking before? I don't have a problem, can take it or leave it but noticed how I feel the day/days after it.

I have come to the conclusion to finally give up on the ale and just stick to Heineken zero or coke. Anytime I have a drink, the next day I feel absolutley awful and back to square one. I was out Saturday and threw up quite a lot yesterday, I don't think mixing alcohol with Sertraline is a good idea. Anyone here give up drinking before? I don't have a problem, can take it or leave it but noticed how I feel the day/days after it.

Hangovers turbo charge depression and anxiety mate ( upsets the chemical balance in your brain ), alcohol also stops anti depressants from working properly, for the same reason.

I haven`t given up, but take it really easy now - 3/4 pints absolute max, as anything more and the following day, I feel like I`m trying to crawl out of a deep dark pit.

The hardest part, is when you`re out in company and you`re put under pressure to join in with the drinking.

However, once people have had a few, they don`t notice, that you`ve slowed right down or stopped drinking all altogether.

Thanks for your reply, it’s hopefully just a blip I’m going through at the moment and it will soon pass, it’s just been a really tough 6 months and I think it’s all just come to a head this past week, it’s good to know there are people out there who do care though and I will certainly take strength from that. Probably in 2 weeks time I’ll be right as rain
You did the right thing reaching out Kurt, nobody wants to think of anyone else feeling down and not knowing where to turn.
I am all to aware you're a chirpy character on here but that's not to say we don't or can't have the occasional blip.
Good on @tommye for responding quickly and I'm sure he'll be able to lift your spirits.
I hope you get back on track soon Kurt or at least pointed in the right direction.
Keep posting you know someone will get back to you soon enough.

Honestly , just want to say a huge Thankyou to everyone who’s reached out, I apologise for causing anyone concern. Genuinely overwhelmed with comments and messages of support , made me realise that I’m not on my own and there are plenty of you good guys out there. … I always knew this thread was important, well now I know just how important it is first hand so again, big Thankyou and much love to you all x

Honestly , just want to say a huge Thankyou to everyone who’s reached out, I apologise for causing anyone concern. Genuinely overwhelmed with comments and messages of support , made me realise that I’m not on my own and there are plenty of you good guys out there. … I always knew this thread was important, well now I know just how important it is first hand so again, big Thankyou and much love to you all x
You've done nowt wrong and theres zero to say sorry for. If you're having a spell under the hammer sharing it can take some of the pain and pressure out of it. It goes for anyone and everyone. Please just shout it up, life's hard enough without being isolated as well.

?