Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I wish I'd your patience mate, people just seem to be getting worse now, like you say it was always the wife who got hurt before and i could brush it off. I think its cos hes older now, he's a big boy now, he's more aware of it now and gets himself more upset when he sees it done on him - hitting himself or his mum or me. Used to be Italy but Eurodisney is our regular holiday now, lots of disabled kids there - so he and grandaughter feel more comfortable but even there its mad too, with the laughing and mimicking - the last time we were there sitting for the parade in disabled section there was an obese prick trying to fit into a leeds top and he wanted his family to sit in there. He was told he couldn't so he pretended to be disabled to the howls of his family then he spotted siamese twins pointing them out, laughing, shouting and taking their photos. Sadly, lots of people only give an eff about themselves now mate. All the best with your young blue, i cant wait to get mine over to the new sensory room at new ground.
That’s horrible. Your son nor any person suffering disabilities should have to encounter such treatment.

I would have already lost it, so you have a lot more patience than you think, my friend.

Some human beings are just so cruel. I’m sorry you have to deal with such rubbish attitudes.
Thanks . As much as it Frustrates and shocks me I’m big enough to cope with it. it bothers me more for people with worse sight than mine that they have to put up with it. I’m shocked they grown ups don’t know what what a symbol cane is . Maybe the RNIB need to do a better job of making people aware .

Thanks . As much as it Frustrates and shocks me I’m big enough to cope with it. it bothers me more for people with worse sight than mine that they have to put up with it. I’m shocked they grown ups don’t know what what a symbol cane is . Maybe the RNIB need to do a better job of making people aware .
That’s good that you can cope, but you shouldn’t have to deal with such appalling behaviors because you carry a cane.

That’s good that you can cope, but you shouldn’t have to deal with such appalling behaviors because you carry a cane.
There is a centre for deaf/blind people with accommodation near my brother. Well signposted but the number of cars speeding past is unbelievable plus electric scooters and bikes on the pavement it’s a miracle no one has been hurt. There needs to be more publicity regarding canes - I’m willing to bet the vast majority of the public are unaware of the significance of the white and also the red /white cane.

There is a centre for deaf/blind people with accommodation near my brother. Well signposted but the number of cars speeding past is unbelievable plus electric scooters and bikes on the pavement it’s a miracle no one has been hurt. There needs to be more publicity regarding canes - I’m willing to bet the vast majority of the public are unaware of the significance of the white and also the red /white cane.
I have the red on mine . Only a small bit mind as I’m not a fan of red for obvious reasons lol

It's been a tricky few months. Finally managed to get my son into local Spanish school (his mum didn't want him to go to school) He with the jet blonde hair. 5 years old, today was his first day, I was nervous. He waltz's straight in didn't even look back. What a hero. So proud
That's so cool. What a little star

@WilliamPerry @Earwigjoe @COYBL25 Your recent posts have made me so sad. I don't know what has happened but a lot of folk seem to have lost a sense of compassion, tolerance and decency towards others. The narrative started ages ago - disabled people were labelled as lazy scroungers. As you all know I was a Union rep for many years. I gained a reputation as the go to rep for our disabled members. The things they had to put up with in everyday life was shocking. And I do agree it seems to be getting worse. I don't know what to say other than I'm so sorry for what you have to deal with from the uneducated nobheads.

@GraemeS1980 I'm so sorry about your daughter. What a horrific awful experience for her. When you say she lost her job, did she quit? Did her employer offer her any support? here's a couple of links that I hope might help you - giving very similar advice to what Spotty said. The main thing appears to be - be patient with her

https://rapecrisis.org.uk/get-help/supporting-a-survivor/

http://therowan.net/support-for-family-friends/

Sending you and your family much love.

The lack of awareness in what a symbol cane is used for has really shocked me over the past couple of years .

the amount of people who stare or make idiotic stupid comments is beyond belief and Liverpool is the worst city for it. The anxiety i feel leaving the house never mind going to an away game makes me feel physically sick. Some of our fans are the worst .

its not just kids either adults in there 30’s and well above are even worse .

it must be hell for people completely blind to deal with. I’m lucky really .
I’m ashamed to say I had to Google it myself. You’re right that there is a distinct lack of proactive education on the matter.

As for people making comments, etc, that’s appalling. I’m so sorry you have to deal with that. It will forever baffle me why people feel they have something to gain from making fun of those with obvious disadvantages.

Thanks mate! Apperciate the kind words as always. I'll be driving up to see my mom and grandma this weekend for Mother's day so that will be nice. Suns have been a rare bright spot this year, sadly a massive contrast with Everton!

Fingers crossed the Suns have a good run and Everton pull off the escape ?
Everton and Suns capitulate in humiliating fashion and off to my job I hate tomorrow. Feeling great :hayee:

Genuinely blessed I didn't inherite my dad's drinking problem. Today would've been even worse.

Everton and Suns capitulate in humiliating fashion and off to my job I hate tomorrow. Feeling great :hayee:

Genuinely blessed I didn't inherite my dad's drinking problem. Today would've been even worse.
Was thinking about you at the weekend mate after them results. Shocking, Suns collapsed too, they're as bad as Everton - you'll have to get behind Boston now lol. Did you get up to see your mum and gran- hope youd a good time and they're both keeping well. Hope work gets better too and that you get some sleep brother..