Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I haven't had the energy for exercise in ages. Between the anxiety keeping me awake at night then working full-time by the time I'm off work it's all I can do to make dinner and get the basics done around the house. I know it's needed though, maybe just need to conjure up energy on the weekend at least when I can sleep a bit more
Try even fitting in a good walk mate to start off with if you can - fresh air and abit of peace and quiet. It helps me control panic attacks along with sertraline and diazepam. Look after yourself mate - Hope your mum, dad, grandma and sister keeping well too. Go Suns. ?

Wow, I hope she's going to be OK. I couldnt agree with you more. Its a selfish, throwaway - me, me, me society we live in now, where friends, relationships and everything important is often cast aside for vainglory, Its no wonder theres so many unhappy,, disillusioned people now - running a race that has no end and no one wins. People need to slow down and concentrate on the building blocks of a happy life - love and family instead of the next new buzz or shiny thing they think will make them happy - Again I hope and pray your wife will be ok, you seem to have it sorted as a strong Dad and husband and are head of a wonderful loving family.?
Hi and thanks for your kind words. We've been living with this for 10 years and have gone through the range of emotions. Life is as normal as it can be, we get by just fine although we are aware that there is a ticking clock with regards to what's left of her eyesight. It is what it is, there's no more to be done so we will tackle that problem when it arrives

Try even fitting in a good walk mate to start off with if you can - fresh air and abit of peace and quiet. It helps me control panic attacks along with sertraline and diazepam. Look after yourself mate - Hope your mum, dad, grandma and sister keeping well too. Go Suns. ?
Thanks mate! Apperciate the kind words as always. I'll be driving up to see my mom and grandma this weekend for Mother's day so that will be nice. Suns have been a rare bright spot this year, sadly a massive contrast with Everton!

Fingers crossed the Suns have a good run and Everton pull off the escape ?

Hi and thanks for your kind words. We've been living with this for 10 years and have gone through the range of emotions. Life is as normal as it can be, we get by just fine although we are aware that there is a ticking clock with regards to what's left of her eyesight. It is what it is, there's no more to be done so we will tackle that problem when it arrives
Are you in Liverpool? If so Bradbury fields is great help for people with sight loss etc. I have glaucoma ( plus other sight issues) myself mate so understand a small part of what your wife is going through .

does she use tint glasses ?

Are you in Liverpool? If so Bradbury fields is great help for people with sight loss etc. I have glaucoma ( plus other sight issues) myself mate so understand a small part of what your wife is going through .

does she use tint glasses ?
No mate, she refuses to as she still has about 10% vision remaining. I know she's been to somewhere in Liverpool, we're only up the road anyway.

No mate, she refuses to as she still has about 10% vision remaining. I know she's been to somewhere in Liverpool, we're only up the road anyway.
I’ve got about 20% or there abouts left I use my tint glasses for the tele internet etc sometimes outside but always were sunglasses outside regardless. In all honesty I shouldn’t be looking at my iPad etc as it does me no favours but listening to podcasts all day gets tiresome. I probably watch 4 of tele a day maximum spread over the day. Very rarely more . often can be a lot less too.

im scared to exercise properly because of the pressure which isn’t helping my weight loss , again I’m limited pretty much to walking .

BBF are worth a shout because they can help with a lot of stuff or at least signpost you. They have a little mental health group starting up again soon which the pandemic put on ice for the last 2 years . It’s just a few people struggling with sight loss who can relate to each other .

no problem if you arent interested though. Good luck to you both

I’ve got about 20% or there abouts left I use my tint glasses for the tele internet etc sometimes outside but always were sunglasses outside regardless. In all honesty I shouldn’t be looking at my iPad etc as it does me no favours but listening to podcasts all day gets tiresome. I probably watch 4 of tele a day maximum spread over the day. Very rarely more . often can be a lot less too.

im scared to exercise properly because of the pressure which isn’t helping my weight loss , again I’m limited pretty much to walking .

BBF are worth a shout because they can help with a lot of stuff or at least signpost you. They have a little mental health group starting up again soon which the pandemic put on ice for the last 2 years . It’s just a few people struggling with sight loss who can relate to each other .

no problem if you arent interested though. Good luck to you both
My wife has been to Bradbury Fields, she says it's next to the guide dog place. The took her swimming a few times. She says it was really helpful for when she first got her diagnosis

The lack of awareness in what a symbol cane is used for has really shocked me over the past couple of years .

the amount of people who stare or make idiotic stupid comments is beyond belief and Liverpool is the worst city for it. The anxiety i feel leaving the house never mind going to an away game makes me feel physically sick. Some of our fans are the worst .

its not just kids either adults in there 30’s and well above are even worse .

it must be hell for people completely blind to deal with. I’m lucky really .

The lack of awareness in what a symbol cane is used for has really shocked me over the past couple of years .

the amount of people who stare or make idiotic stupid comments is beyond belief and Liverpool is the worst city for it. The anxiety i feel leaving the house never mind going to an away game makes me feel physically sick. Some of our fans are the worst .

its not just kids either adults in there 30’s and well above are even worse .

it must be hell for people completely blind to deal with. I’m lucky really .
Unfortunately theres idiots everywhere mate, youre probably just more used to Liverpool.

Unfortunately theres idiots everywhere mate, youre probably just more used to Liverpool.
I do a lot of travelling around the uk and liverpool is a lot worse . Glasgow for example gets a bad rep but I can’t fault the people there . i’m not the only person with sight impairment who says the same about Liverpool. Don’t get me wrong I’ve had issues on the tube in London too.

I don’t expect help or sympathy from people just not to be looked at or treated like a leper . The cane isn’t even for my benefit it’s too let other people know if I get in their way their is a reason for it . ie I’m sight and hearing impaired .

i cant win if I dont carry it as I’ve been accused of snarling at people lol lol lol ‘what the fck you looking at LAD‘ lol lol

@WilliamPerry, I 100% agree mate I've a severely autistic son (my pride and joy) and grandaughter. Destroys me when we're out anywhere the laughs, finger pointing and the mimicking of them, I swear I'll end up snapping and doing time one day. Holidays are the worst - people don't care how they behave - no one knows them. In a time where everyone likes to be offended for everyone else the way many here treat their own peoples physical and mental health problems is scandalous. Hitlers 'Useless Eaters' policy seems to have been accepted by many.

@WilliamPerry, I 100% agree mate I've a severely autistic son (my pride and joy) and grandaughter. Destroys me when we're out anywhere the laughs, finger pointing and the mimicking of them, I swear I'll end up snapping and doing time one day. Holidays are the worst - people don't care how they behave - no one knows them. In a time where everyone likes to be offended for everyone else the way many here treat their own peoples physical and mental health problems is scandalous. Hitlers 'Useless Eaters' policy seems to have been accepted by many.
Earwig you have my admiration friend. You are an expert on your son / grandaughter and their needs and as you know it can be very demanding. One of my patients was " fixated " with bus time tables and any outings or trips out together, I had to try and avoid bus stops otherwise we would be there for hours. I'm sure your a very good parent and a patient one too, especially with those people who don't " get it. ". Take care

My youngest lad is disabled mate and what you say about the way some people behave around disabled people is spot on.

With my lad it`s more subtle, as people tend to stare at him, rather than take the piss.

It doesn`t bother me, as I`ve become so used to it, I don`t notice it anymore, but it really hurts my missus.

You mention holidays.

Don`t laugh, but one of the main reasons we keep going back to Benidorm and the Old Town in particular, time and time again, is that I`ve never been anywhere that is so accepting of all disability.

You`ll know what I mean when I say this, but when you`re there, you almost forget that you have child with a disability.