Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I don't know about you guys, but me as Evertonian recently really has a bit of anxious issue watching our position in league table floating and bobbing above relegation line. It affected maybe not to an extent to institutionalise me but still it did create anxiety and worries for our relegation battle to a certain extent that minor depression was felt. I never thought I would take our team's situation so seriously, and yet the players themselves often seem not to care.

I don't know about you guys, but me as Evertonian recently really has a bit of anxious issue watching our position in league table floating and bobbing above relegation line. It affected maybe not to an extent to institutionalise me but still it did create anxiety and worries for our relegation battle to a certain extent that minor depression was felt. I never thought I would take our team's situation so seriously, and yet the players themselves often seem not to care.
We’ll still be playing every week mate, you can still cheer and jeer the team as you see fit. It will affect you very little, it’s really only your pride as a fan that’s at stake.

It’s only a game and it really doesn’t matter that much what level it’s played at, if you want to follow the team. If there comes a low point at which you’d rather not follow them anymore then there’s no shame in that either.

It was lucky ascape mate , she sounds like the type of person who only thinks about herself and her own feelings.
Wouldn't have taken a minute to say sorry something has come up and not leave you hanging.
Not worth getting involved with at all.
Never done online dating , but I can imagine you will meet some nice people and some selfish one's as well like in any other setting.
It's no reflection on you, she is the one who has lost out.
Move on , and find a nice person.
Don't lose faith on yourself because of her, she isn't worth a second thought.
Thank you for the excellent advice and kind words. My main worry now is that if I talk to someone nice, I'll be so wary of something like that happening again, I'll be to insecure and push her away. Just got to move on and learn some self-discipline.

Mate it happens all the time on tinder at least to me. Don't let it knock your confidence mate there's loads of people on there who just like the attention. My mate drove 40 miles to meet someone last week. She's really pretty and the guy did exactly the same. It's happened to me a few times. It's nothing to do with you at all mate or anything you've done. I suffer from anxiety too. It isn't nice. Best of luck to you mate but don't feel bad for other people's rubbish reactions. I've found a website over here called meetup. It does social events for people like us who might not know many people in the area check something like that out. Good way of meeting people.
Thanks Mate, I'll check that out over the weekend.

The key is to not worry about things that you have no control over mate. We're all concerned about this but you can't do anything about it mate. Try to focus on the areas of your life you can improve and don't rely on those things you cant. Easier said than done x

Thank you for the excellent advice and kind words. My main worry now is that if I talk to someone nice, I'll be so wary of something like that happening again, I'll be to insecure and push her away. Just got to move on and learn some self-discipline.
Again mate you're worrying about stuff that will probably never happen. Keep going mate. Taken me years to almost control this stuff but you can do it mate x

Dunno if anyone remember s my story but my wife of 10 years in August disappeared with my friend/neighbour. We have a five year old kid. I was unemployed and didn't even have a kitchen when she left. I got awful anxiety when I had to drop him off to them. But I learnt through stoicism that you Can't concern yourself with stuff you can't control. I can't control who she sees or what she does or who she sees. I've learnt I can only control what me and my son do. Don't worry about the stuff she tries to knock me down with. It's irrelevant. Look after yourselves blues and the things you can control. Keep your heads up and if we get relegated that's out of our control. Stay strong happiness is just around the corner xx

Blue you have some insight " ill be too insecure I'll push her away ". You dodged a bullet with that girl. As you know, your default button Blue can't be " they are going to dump me ". As I told you last time bud, there's a kind caring women who is looking for someone just like you. Be yourself, be natural and if your gut says trust people, then follow your instinct. It WILL happen and you'll find the happiness you seek. Take care and be good to yourself Blue

Blue you have some insight " ill be too insecure I'll push her away ". You dodged a bullet with that girl. As you know, your default button Blue can't be " they are going to dump me ". As I told you last time bud, there's a kind caring women who is looking for someone just like you. Be yourself, be natural and if your gut says trust people, then follow your instinct. It WILL happen and you'll find the happiness you seek. Take care and be good to yourself Blue
This 100%.

Dunno if anyone remember s my story but my wife of 10 years in August disappeared with my friend/neighbour. We have a five year old kid. I was unemployed and didn't even have a kitchen when she left. I got awful anxiety when I had to drop him off to them. But I learnt through stoicism that you Can't concern yourself with stuff you can't control. I can't control who she sees or what she does or who she sees. I've learnt I can only control what me and my son do. Don't worry about the stuff she tries to knock me down with. It's irrelevant. Look after yourselves blues and the things you can control. Keep your heads up and if we get relegated that's out of our control. Stay strong happiness is just around the corner xx
Thank you, that's a very powerful message you have given. You are very strong and should be proud of being able to give the message and live it.

How are you getting on mate?