Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Keep having suicidal thoughts whenever I’m coming down. They usually pass fairly quickly but it’s still scary. Need to find a way to stay clean and sober before I [Poor language removed] things up or go over the edge.
Hey, mate. Just checking on you. I hope you are finding a way to stay clean and sober. We are here for you ?

E7432347-9C08-438F-AFC3-D1D05D848638.jpeg

Our son works on the railway. At the weekend he was involved in what is known as a “Person hit by train”. A stark term which doesn’t begin to describe the tragedy which lies beneath. The words I type keep sounding wrong so I will just say: ”Don’t suffer, please reach out, someone will listen”

This happened in my town last week; always awful news and always feel bad for the train driver (and maybe passengers) who witness it.

Our son works on the railway. At the weekend he was involved in what is known as a “Person hit by train”. A stark term which doesn’t begin to describe the tragedy which lies beneath. The words I type keep sounding wrong so I will just say: ”Don’t suffer, please reach out, someone will listen”
I worked with a girl who did this. Must have been 20 years ago. She was a lovely person, popular and very funny. Came as a great shock to everyone. Literally nobody, including her close friends, knew she had problems. Very sad.

This is gut wrenching and I make no apologies for saying that in my line of work I have secretly wept many times over people who think about, tried or who have taken their own life. How desperate must someone feel if they think their only option left open to them is to take their own life. The joy the person can give to others, the support and help they can give, the heartache their passing will cause and the love for them that they are often unable to comprehend.

We ALL have a worth and no Gwladys, your words do not sound wrong. your words about reaching out are so so important. Who are we without our compassion, we enhance and enrich our own lives by the support, care and love we give and offer to others. Take care people.

I worked with a girl who did this. Must have been 20 years ago. She was a lovely person, popular and very funny. Came as a great shock to everyone. Literally nobody, including her close friends, knew she had problems. Very sad.

My mate, who was railway cop for over 30 years, had to deal with them, including one when a work colleagues did it with full knowledge, that his work mates would have to deal with it - revenge on people who he`d fallen out with.

From what he`s told me, a lot of train drivers never return to work afterwards, as it ruins them :(

My mate, who was railway cop for over 30 years, had to deal with them, including one when a work colleagues did it with full knowledge, that his work mates would have to deal with it - revenge on people who he`d fallen out with.

From what he`s told me, a lot of train drivers never return to work afterwards, as it ruins them :(

Im not suprised - even with driving a car I've always said if I ever hit and killed someone I would give up driving even if it wasn't my fault.

I got a phone call this morning from N , me and N met through Bluekipper he had a spare berth on the train from Kiev to Kharkiv, we hit it off immediately (in the Bluekipper lounge) and went to Kharkiv and Nuremberg together. K joined us for Fiorentina in a triple room , I only met K a couple of times since but N and I kept in touch “ alright J are you going to Morecambe/ Bremen ? ” . K hung himself on Saturday morning, domestic problems, lack of work due to COVID and who knows what. To get to the point , please talk to someone, don’t bottle it up, every Evertonian is a mate you didn’t know you had , we are a band of brothers, N offloaded to me , I’m offloading now , TALK please.

I got a phone call this morning from N , me and N met through Bluekipper he had a spare berth on the train from Kiev to Kharkiv, we hit it off immediately (in the Bluekipper lounge) and went to Kharkiv and Nuremberg together. K joined us for Fiorentina in a triple room , I only met K a couple of times since but N and I kept in touch “ alright J are you going to Morecambe/ Bremen ? ” . K hung himself on Saturday morning, domestic problems, lack of work due to COVID and who knows what. To get to the point , please talk to someone, don’t bottle it up, every Evertonian is a mate you didn’t know you had , we are a band of brothers, N offloaded to me , I’m offloading now , TALK please.
I honestly don’t know what to say , I’m sorry for him and his family and I'm sorry for you .

that’s fantastic advice and well given .

When things like this happen to anyone then it impacts but when you were at all those places , have almost certainly been in boozers together as well as stadiums it feels so much more real . Thank you for sharing but mostly thank you for the genuine words of advice .

Wise words. A friend of my daughter hung himself a few months ago. He was 24. He seemingly had everything going for him - steady relationship, baby, was in the Royal Navy. Just so very very sad. My daughter was so upset, she had been chatting with him on social media just a few days before. No idea there was anything wrong. He just seemed like himself she told me.

This is really distressing..I was at that point myself last year round about this time. I didn't want to go on, I felt my little boy would be better off without me. I was being mentally abused by my wife. It drained me to the point I wanted to take my own life. Since then she's ran off with my friend and neighbour who also happens to be a complete mess, he then started spreading stories that he was taking my wife and son to live with him in Denmark. She's now still giving me abuse for reacting badly to these two events. I've literally told him that I'm going to give him a hiding for lying to me, inviting me to his house for drinks whilst he's shagging my wife and other gentlemanly stuff he's done. He's also now brought my son into it, which has upped the ante. I've cried every night for the last couple of weeks. But I'm glad that regardless of all this stuff that's being thrown at me I will never ever consider giving up again. I'm so sorry for your mate and I can really relate to this. Not really sure why I wrote all my stuff, just wanted to get it off my chest. I'm sorry

This is really distressing..I was at that point myself last year round about this time. I didn't want to go on, I felt my little boy would be better off without me. I was being mentally abused by my wife. It drained me to the point I wanted to take my own life. Since then she's ran off with my friend and neighbour who also happens to be a complete mess, he then started spreading stories that he was taking my wife and son to live with him in Denmark. She's now still giving me abuse for reacting badly to these two events. I've literally told him that I'm going to give him a hiding for lying to me, inviting me to his house for drinks whilst he's shagging my wife and other gentlemanly stuff he's done. He's also now brought my son into it, which has upped the ante. I've cried every night for the last couple of weeks. But I'm glad that regardless of all this stuff that's being thrown at me I will never ever consider giving up again. I'm so sorry for your mate and I can really relate to this. Not really sure why I wrote all my stuff, just wanted to get it off my chest. I'm sorry
Just wanted to say there is no need to apologise for writing of your awful experiences, after all that’s what this thread is for.

Thats terrible mate, 2 absolute pieces of shoite to mess you around like that. Im glad you'll never give up though they're not worth it. Hope you can get the wee man back. Them 2 pieces of trash deserve each other. Are you still abroad??

Thats terrible mate, 2 absolute pieces of shoite to mess you around like that. Im glad you'll never give up though they're not worth it. Hope you can get the wee man back. Them 2 pieces of trash deserve each other. Are you still abroad??
yes mate. TBH access to my kid isn't a problem at all which is great. My wife is a narcissist. She feeds off my reaction, so I am learning to be strong. Just hard to understand how after 12 years, 9 married that she suddenly thinks I am a liar and has switched sides. Mental in fact, and I will never get the answers I need. I think he is trying to get a reaction from me as he probably sees me as a threat. Just all the times he came over our house he was trying to weasle his way in. Really really tough. But these souls that practice betrayal will end up in the 9th circle of hell according to Dante so hopefully they'll be happy together for all eternity haha

yes mate. TBH access to my kid isn't a problem at all which is great. My wife is a narcissist. She feeds off my reaction, so I am learning to be strong. Just hard to understand how after 12 years, 9 married that she suddenly thinks I am a liar and has switched sides. Mental in fact, and I will never get the answers I need. I think he is trying to get a reaction from me as he probably sees me as a threat. Just all the times he came over our house he was trying to weasle his way in. Really really tough. But these souls that practice betrayal will end up in the 9th circle of hell according to Dante so hopefully they'll be happy together for all eternity haha
Witchdoc you are understandably very bitter and hurt about what's gone on. My advice buddy would be to concentrate on all the things you have control over. For you that means your son. You have rights - in law - to have access to your son. When I'm not psychy nursing I volunteer for the CAB so if you feel the need you can direct message me and I can discuss with you your options. Like I say, let me know if you need practice advice IF you don't know them.

I don't know how old your son is but what I do know is he needs you in his life and he will be better for him with you in it. Concentrate and focus your positivity on his well being. You have YOUR life to live, happiness to seek and you have a lot to offer. Your self esteem has taken a knock but you are a father and he wants and needs you in his life. You CAN build your life, and find contentment and by the way fella, I wish I had your courage and character having gone through what you have. You have already demonstrated you have all the personal skills to build yourself a good life. Good luck and take care my friend.