Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I would really like to do it but unless my condition improves I don't know whether I would be up to it. I don't want people to go to a lot of effort and then not be able to make it due to tiredness. I live about 2 and a half hours away and the travelling takes a lot out of me. Maybe if they can drain some of the fluid I will start to feel more energetic and it could possibly be explored. I am absolutely overwhelmed by the reactions in here it means a lot to me. I appreciate every word that has been said and all the kind offers.
Darling, I totally understand your hesitation given your current condition and I also understand your desire to wait to see if that fluid can be drained so you can be and feel more comfortable. So how about if we wait until you go back to your doctor to get that done and then once that happens you give us an update on whether you think you could make it to a match. I also really don't mind going through the effort and trying getting you some tickets even if the plans changed later so whatever you decide it will be okay.

Darling, I totally understand your hesitation given your current condition and I also understand your desire to wait to see if that fluid can be drained so you can be and feel more comfortable. So how about if we wait until you go back to your doctor to get that done and then once that happens you give us an update on whether you think you could make it to a match. I also really don't mind going through the effort and trying getting you some tickets even if the plans changed later so whatever you decide it will be okay.

Yes let's have a reasses in a few weeks when hopefully I will be feeling much better. At the minute I am in discomfort but modern medicine can change things quickly. If I can make it I think it would be a really good experience and one I would treasure.

Yes let's have a reasses in a few weeks when hopefully I will be feeling much better. At the minute I am in discomfort but modern medicine can change things quickly. If I can make it I think it would be a really good experience and one I would treasure.
Sounds like a plan. I'm sorry you are still dealing with so much discomfort, I really hope your doctors come up with some good modern medicine strategy to make you feel better soon. I also think that if you can make it, it would be an experience that will hopefully create some good memories for you to keep in your heart. Maybe you should look into the schedule and think which match would you like to go to. Is there a game that if you could make it that you really wish you could go?

Hi mate you concentrate on getting yourself feeling better. If youd like to go to a game we'll try and get it sorted for you. I spoke to someone at the club earlier can i ask those whod like to help messy get to a game if they could contact customer.service@evertonfc.com and quote reference #00269910: G. O. T @messymascot and let them know how much we'd like to see our brother get to another game and could they help us with this.

Hi mate you concentrate on getting yourself feeling better. If youd like to go to a game we'll try and get it sorted for you. I spoke to someone at the club earlier can i ask those whod like to help messy get to a game if they could contact customer.service@evertonfc.com and quote reference #00269910: G. O. T @messymascot and let them know how much we'd like to see our brother get to another game and could they help us with this.
Thanks for contacting the club and getting this rolling @Earwigjoe I will reach out to them right away and I will get some my mates here to do so as well. As long as Messy feels up for going to a match, I know our community will make it happen for him!

Brilliant idea, have contacted them this morning.

Hi I've just got back from my appointment with my consultant. Unfortunately as I expected there is nothing more they can do with regards to treating the cancer. They can maybe do things to make me a little bit more comfortable. He didn't really want to commit to a timescale but suggested it would be months rather than years. Looks like 1995 FA Cup is going to be my last trophy. Hopefully I can keep going a bit longer and if you are still fine with it I'll try and keep you updated in here. At this stage I don't totally know what to think but I'm sure it will sink in shortly. Need a good start so I can go out on a high!
So sad to hear your news. Anything words I have just sound inadequate except to say that you are amongst friends who really care and I hope you can find some comfort in that.

Hi I've just got back from my appointment with my consultant. Unfortunately as I expected there is nothing more they can do with regards to treating the cancer. They can maybe do things to make me a little bit more comfortable. He didn't really want to commit to a timescale but suggested it would be months rather than years. Looks like 1995 FA Cup is going to be my last trophy. Hopefully I can keep going a bit longer and if you are still fine with it I'll try and keep you updated in here. At this stage I don't totally know what to think but I'm sure it will sink in shortly. Need a good start so I can go out on a high!

Absolutely gutted for you but have huge admiration for the way in which you're dealing with it. I can't offer any words that haven't already been said, keep us all updated when you can, there'll always be someone about to chat with on here so you don't have to deal with this alone.

All the best mate, if there's anything you need just let us know.

Mate after reading this and all your replies to other posters is honestly heartbreaking, what's got me is everything you're going through but nearly every reply you mention Everton. Even in these troubled times for you and your family this club is always at the forefront of your thoughts. Your love for the club is clear to see and they should be made aware of this.

I honestly don't know what to say mate but stay strong, keep your sense of humour, keep smiling and fighting mate.

Nice one Joe, I'll get my mates with ST'S to contact the club as well as myself and let them know how much it would mean to us all and ultimately @messymascot

Absolutely gutted for you but have huge admiration for the way in which you're dealing with it. I can't offer any words that haven't already been said, keep us all updated when you can, there'll always be someone about to chat with on here so you don't have to deal with this alone.

All the best mate, if there's anything you need just let us know.
You could start with one of your drawings dedicated to @messymascot, this will not only cheer him up but also the rest of us on what could be a trying day (but hopefully not)

Hopefully we put a smile on your mush today @messymascot

How are you feeling, brother?

It has thank you. I haven't been this downbeat going into a season since 2004 when we replaced Wayne Rooney with Marcus Bent. That season turned out OK so who knows.

Physically I'm very tired and in a little discomfort so my hopes are that they can drain the excess fluid and make me feel a little more normal. Mentally I'm getting there, a little disappointed that I haven't got long left but I did always know this day was coming. However I'm going to try and focus on positive things and Everton were definitely a positive today.

It has thank you. I haven't been this downbeat going into a season since 2004 when we replaced Wayne Rooney with Marcus Bent. That season turned out OK so who knows.

Physically I'm very tired and in a little discomfort so my hopes are that they can drain the excess fluid and make me feel a little more normal. Mentally I'm getting there, a little disappointed that I haven't got long left but I did always know this day was coming. However I'm going to try and focus on positive things and Everton were definitely a positive today.
Amazing attitude as always, Sir.

You can never accuse Everton of being predictable, as 04/05 showed, so hopefully we keep confounding those expectations.

At least you can enjoy the rest of the weekend’s footy stress-free now.

Anyone about? Just want to take a stranger's opinion about something that I'd rather post in a DM than in the thread. It's nothing important like, just I want it out of my head before the weekend ends so I put it bed.