Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Thank you for you're kind words. I do agree with everything you've said. When I was sectioned I didn't care if I lived or died, I'd given up completely. Then one nurse took to me (probably because I take the piss) anyway he found out I was an Evertonian, he's an Huddersfield Town fan and every time he was on duty if Everton were playing he'd bring his laptop in and let me watch the game. He his a senior nurse so no one said anything about it.
Then he was going to Goodison to watch Huddersfield he asked what I wanted, I got a few Everton tops, I paid for them but it was great. I still keep in touch with him today.

So it's people like him and you who are real heroes, if it wasn't for the likes of you, I wouldn't be here today. So thank you
Nice one Pauly. We are people, we are normal and our mental health status is PART OF OUR LIVES. I remember one of my students asking " how do I talk to someone who wants to kill themself?" I said " like you would your mam and dad, they are just people going through a rubbish time ". I will close by saying I really don't think mental health is THAT complicated. There are models of care, therapies and medicines we can utilize in helping someone, but to me, telling someone you care, they matter and they are of valued is THE most important message for both service users and providers. Remember Pauly and it's important, if you have a relapse is NOT failure, it's part of your recovery.I wish I had half of the character people who recover from mental illness have. Take care and sorry for rambling a little.

From October last year to January this I was in my darkest ever hole. However somehow I dragged myself out. There were days when I woke in a morning and I was devastated I hadn't died in my sleep. Taking my own life was considered but dismissed equally quickly. I was in such a rut I could see no end. Then one day I'm not sure how or why it lifted. Now I'm not foolish enough to believe I won't fall again been here so many times before. Always know its starting with the comfort eating then the lack of general interest starts manifesting. I had people wanting to help but there was nothing they could do it was down to me. I'm back in control of the eating and also today I got a permanent job things look rosey but I'll never take it for granted. Please if you ever think about giving up use me as an example of why you shouldn't. I was so low I just wanted out now I just want to drive forward and make up for lost time. I nearly didn't apply for the job I was in that much of a way with myself but now I feel almost full circle.

From October last year to January this I was in my darkest ever hole. However somehow I dragged myself out. There were days when I woke in a morning and I was devastated I hadn't died in my sleep. Taking my own life was considered but dismissed equally quickly. I was in such a rut I could see no end. Then one day I'm not sure how or why it lifted. Now I'm not foolish enough to believe I won't fall again been here so many times before. Always know its starting with the comfort eating then the lack of general interest starts manifesting. I had people wanting to help but there was nothing they could do it was down to me. I'm back in control of the eating and also today I got a permanent job things look rosey but I'll never take it for granted. Please if you ever think about giving up use me as an example of why you shouldn't. I was so low I just wanted out now I just want to drive forward and make up for lost time. I nearly didn't apply for the job I was in that much of a way with myself but now I feel almost full circle.
Congratulations on the job mate, and on succeeding in what must have been a very difficult task of turning your mindset around.

You should be extremely proud of yourself. I wish you all the best for the future.

Congratulations on the job mate, and on succeeding in what must have been a very difficult task of turning your mindset around.

You should be extremely proud of yourself. I wish you all the best for the future.

Thank you I just hope others can take inspiration.

It's hard for me to be proud but I am. I set extremely high standards and I never quite make them but that's just who I am.

Turning things round is hard not even sure how this time but its better and thats all I can ask.

Wonderful post mate, so uplifting.

Please post more and let us know how you’re doing ;)

Wonderful post mate, so uplifting.

Please post more and let us know how you’re doing ;)

Thank you I will but I find expressing myself difficult at times. I really have to think what I type as sometimes my words are clumsy.

I'm just soaking it up while I can and will drag as many people with me as want to come. There are better days for everyone I truly believe in that.

Thank you for you're kind words. I do agree with everything you've said. When I was sectioned I didn't care if I lived or died, I'd given up completely. Then one nurse took to me (probably because I take the piss) anyway he found out I was an Evertonian, he's an Huddersfield Town fan and every time he was on duty if Everton were playing he'd bring his laptop in and let me watch the game. He his a senior nurse so no one said anything about it.
Then he was going to Goodison to watch Huddersfield he asked what I wanted, I got a few Everton tops, I paid for them but it was great. I still keep in touch with him today.

So it's people like him and you who are real heroes, if it wasn't for the likes of you, I wouldn't be here today. So thank you
Yes Pauly the carers who look after you are the salt of the earth and many are saints in my eyes for the work they do, massively underpaid, it’s not a job to the majority of them but a vocation, money doesn’t come in to it for them, but caring for people who need help in a big way, and that’s where you come in Pauly, with your suffering but fighting back and with their help getting back on your feet, you should realise what a kick it is to them to see you smiling and happy, even for just part of some days, and getting better, even with the ups and downs that occur in your life, but carrying on fighting the demons that make your life a constant battle to face the morning a lot of the time.

You’ve come back from a very dark place Pauly, six years of hard times, you’ve done very well, keep it at it Pauly and keep your carers laughing that’s the best reward you can give them, God bless and very best wishes for the future Pauly.

Messy with respect, I'm a little puzzled at the " nothing people could do " and it's down to me. Have you " let people in "? Opened up, been forthright and honest with yourself and other people. There are a lot of people with experience of life and helping people with their mental health problems. I would hope that should you not be able to cope with those very distressing thoughts. I'm concerned for you buddy because I want you to have the insight to know / realise there are people for you who could help. You are not alone, people do care and yes, people want to help you. I'm please for you re: employment but please take it from me, you are not alone. Take care and well done about the job.

Messy with respect, I'm a little puzzled at the " nothing people could do " and it's down to me. Have you " let people in "? Opened up, been forthright and honest with yourself and other people. There are a lot of people with experience of life and helping people with their mental health problems. I would hope that should you not be able to cope with those very distressing thoughts. I'm concerned for you buddy because I want you to have the insight to know / realise there are people for you who could help. You are not alone, people do care and yes, people want to help you. I'm please for you re: employment but please take it from me, you are not alone. Take care and well done about the job.

Thanks. I know I'm not alone but with the best will in the world the decision to fight on hadvro come from me. People could guide me and show support but I had to change my mindset. I am thankful to the people around me who reached out but ultimately when I closed the door behind me it was me and me alone. I don't like people getting to close I'm a guarded person thats why I have vented on here I like there is a degree of anonymity there are some very good words smiths on here and I feel it benefits me that's why I share my experiences as I hope my words can benefit others. People in my life know how to be there but know I'll never go to a professional I just know I wouldn't feel comfortable.

Fox in peace.

I hope you don't mind me posting on here but I have a question: Do you find that your mental health is in any way tied-in to how your team is doing? I know we all make throwaway remarks about our team depressing us, but recently it's become quite apparent to me that Leicester's results make a real difference to the severity of my condition. I've been so low in the days after Friday's debacle against Newcastle (Newcastle, ffs) yet tonight I feel like a different man.

I hope you are all feeling well.

Fox in peace.

I hope you don't mind me posting on here but I have a question: Do you find that your mental health is in any way tied-in to how your team is doing? I know we all make throwaway remarks about our team depressing us, but recently it's become quite apparent to me that Leicester's results make a real difference to the severity of my condition. I've been so low in the days after Friday's debacle against Newcastle (Newcastle, ffs) yet tonight I feel like a different man.

I hope you are all feeling well.

You need to tag him in mate @FOXINPEACE

Yes Pauly the carers who look after you are the salt of the earth and many are saints in my eyes for the work they do, massively underpaid, it’s not a job to the majority of them but a vocation, money doesn’t come in to it for them, but caring for people who need help in a big way, and that’s where you come in Pauly, with your suffering but fighting back and with their help getting back on your feet, you should realise what a kick it is to them to see you smiling and happy, even for just part of some days, and getting better, even with the ups and downs that occur in your life, but carrying on fighting the demons that make your life a constant battle to face the morning a lot of the time.

You’ve come back from a very dark place Pauly, six years of hard times, you’ve done very well, keep it at it Pauly and keep your carers laughing that’s the best reward you can give them, God bless and very best wishes for the future Pauly.
Cameron this is a good post fella, I echo what you say.

My job has been very stressful. Very, very stressful. Due to the nature of the job, I cannot divulge anything but I have suffered poor health since Christmas and have only took time off in over a year due to my dad dying and that was only a couple of days - literally no holidays have been taken other than between Christmas and New Year. I just received confirmation that I passed the background checks from another job and it's a huge relief.

To all those with an awful job, you have my sympathy. Please change your job if it is causing a deterioration to your mental and physical well being like it has been with me.