Votes: 123 65.4%
  • No, just a Chief Scout thanks

Votes: 58 30.9%
  • Give it Dunk

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we need a DoF when we'd have Lamaprd to manage and work with Hitchen and his team who'd do the ins and outs, and Baines would be there to do the academy. As for a "long term football strategy"...at this club...?! That's like trying to weave yogurt. A nonsense part of that job description.
That's something I think we can all agree on. Still I'm a big fan of working with a DOF. In order for it to work, Moshiri has to change though. Not sure he will, also not sure he has learned anything from his faillures in the past. But as long as Moshiri doesn't see he has to change, we'll keep sacking DOF's and managers on a yearly base I'm afraid.

Why? Input, sure, like input into saying he has been watching some lad at Sheffield.

I get why you have a team around the manager to take some hassle off him, but this over riding "this is what we now do" I just dont get.
Preferably, for the fact that you don’t bounce from one extreme to the other (Martinez to Allardyce within 18 months anyone?)

I mean I don’t think choosing the manager should be his decision alone. But I’d like to think an actual DoF knows a lot more about football and what a club needs than the business men in the boardroom.

Oh hell nar, number 6 and number 8 till I die.
I bet this is you...

3A7BA8A800000578-0-image-a-5_1479402456917.jpg

That's something I think we can all agree on. Still I'm a big fan of working with a DOF. In order for it to work, Moshiri has to change though. Not sure he will, also not sure he has learned anything from his faillures in the past. But as long as Moshiri doesn't see he has to change, we'll keep sacking DOF's and managers on a yearly base I'm afraid.
DoF's pick and sack managers....that role falls at the first fence at this club with the Toffee Jesus Gil.

We will have somebody in a de-facto DOF role, they could be given the same title or something different.

It's all odds and ends, but there is too much involved, particularly in recruitment and scouting these days, to expect the manager to take primary responsibility for those tasks.

I'd expect Lampard would have asked the club what the situation is in that regard during the interview process, and would have been told that an appointment is forthcoming.

I mean in a football sense currently, who does Lampard report to? Moshiri? Bill? That isn't right, nor is it tenable. Not anymore.

Choosing the right person, and giving them freedom, is another matter entirely.

DoF's pick and sack managers....that role falls at the first fence at this club with the Toffee Jesus Gil.
Honestly think we agree for a large part on this DOF issue.

Biggest difference probably.

I'm a big fan of having a DOF. However, Im convinced it won't work, as long as the way this club is being run from the top doesn't change.

You're not in on having this DOF structure at our club. What's the point in having one, as long as the way this club is being run from the top doesn't change?

Really not miles apart here imo.

Literally every Top Club, and every over performing club has a DoF

Even Pep and Klopp have a DoF above them

It's a part of modern football

Honestly think we agree for a large part on this DOF issue.

Biggest difference probably.

I'm a big fan of having a DOF. However, Im convinced it won't work, as long as the way this club is being run from the top doesn't change.

You're not in on having this DOF structure at our club. What's the point in having one, as long as the way this club is being run from the top doesn't change?

Really not miles apart here imo.
My approach is realpolitik.

Deal with the reality of where we are rather than how it should be.

Literally every Top Club, and every over performing club has a DoF

Even Pep and Klopp have a DoF above them

It's a part of modern football

They have the weight of expectation of a global organisation. Coaching is all that's possible or desirable.

Not so here. A Manager can have control over ta lot more of the process of how the football side is run.

Status
Not open for further replies.