Votes: 123 65.4%
  • No, just a Chief Scout thanks

Votes: 58 30.9%
  • Give it Dunk

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They should be a necessity for any top club this day and age, and especially the way we change managers like the seasons.

However: If we’re not gonna let him actually do the job a DoF is supposed to do, then it’s utterly pointless and another drain on the clubs resources.
We need somebody with a MASSIVE pair of balls whos gonna tell Moshiri to keep his nose out.

Just because it's been a disastrous role for Everton thus far should be irrelevant to the question of whether we should have one.

It's been disastrous for a number of reasons, none of which has to do with whether that role, in theory, should exist.

I think most would acknowledge that it's a role that, done correctly, certainly has a place in modern football.

As long as Moshiri is involved, there are uphill battles to be fought on whether it can be implemented correctly, however,
Exactly this yes. Simply said, only 3 things Moshiri has to do.
1) Appoint DOF
2) Put up
3) Shut up

As long as he keeps intervening with the footballing site of running this club and undermining managers and DOF's, we're on a hiding to nowhere.

It depends on what you define as a DOF, what we had with Brands is not even close to what United had with Ferguson.
Ferguson picked every player like managers used to do, whereas here, it seems Brands, Walsh took stick for supposedly buying the players.
Thats cos "we" had no idea what Brands was meant to be doing and lets be honest, he wasnt given free reign.

Of course SAF had any and every say over players, but he still had a team he leaned on.

Does my nut. Decent scouts is what any club needs. The clubs might call them DOF, but I cant think of one club who has changed manager, and the style of football has stayed the same.
It’s not just about style of play though.

Managers these days are more Head coach, if you like and deal with day to day football matters. Obviously how they set up to get the best out of their squad is down to them.

But employing a DoF in principle allows the manager to get on with his every day match day and training ground duties, whilst he oversees the big picture. A clubs ethos is more than just style of play.

DoF should IMO have a say in who the manager should be though.

You sure Moshiri has learned anything from this? I'm not, that's why I'm quite certain there will be a new DOF in place before the summer. One who's job will, once again, be completely undermined by Moshiri's ego.

Why would we need a DoF when we'd have Lampard to manage and work with Hitchen and his team who'd do the ins and outs, and Baines would be there to do the academy. As for a "long term football strategy"...at this club...?! That's like trying to weave yogurt. A nonsense part of that job description.

Does my nut. Decent scouts is what any club needs. The clubs might call them DOF, but I cant think of one club who has changed manager, and the style of football has stayed the same.
Exactly.

The hipsters cant see it like.

Thats just a perception of what the job is and is something the club wants to happen, but appreciates its impossible.

A modern DoF is basically just a line manager.

DoF should IMO have a say in who the manager should be though.

Why? Input, sure, like input into saying he has been watching some lad at Sheffield.

I get why you have a team around the manager to take some hassle off him, but this over riding "this is what we now do" I just dont get.

Status
Not open for further replies.