Votes: 123 65.4%
  • No, just a Chief Scout thanks

Votes: 58 30.9%
  • Give it Dunk

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
FL on a DoF: he sounded like he'd rather have a hole in his head rather than someone coming here and getting in his way.

Cant say I blame him: he has a good team around him and once the urgency of getting to know a new squad of players subsides he's the type who'll want full control on the playing side, including transfers and style of play.

FL on a DoF: he sounded like he'd rather have a hole in his head rather than someone coming here and getting in his way.

Cant say I blame him: he has a good team around him and once the urgency of getting to know a new squad of players subsides he's the type who'll want full control on the playing side, including transfers and style of play.

He'll still want/need someone of a similar capacity. It's not his job to negotiate deals and contracts. Without that person we have the likes of Bill and Kia doing it, and with us apparently paying way over the odds for Patterson, I can't see how you wouldn't welcome someone coming in to control that side of it.

He'll still want/need someone of a similar capacity. It's not his job to negotiate deals and contracts. Without that person we have the likes of Bill and Kia doing it, and with us apparently paying way over the odds for Patterson, I can't see how you wouldn't welcome someone coming in to control that side of it.
Odds and sods job that is. Contract Dave stuff.

Is there an elite champions league club in any one of the more prominent leagues that don't employ the DOF model or at least a technical director? The days of a manager having complete authority over every aspect of the club like Moyes or Ferguson seems like a anachronistic concept now. Just too many elements to maintain while ensuring positive results on the pitch.

That doesn’t have to be a DoF though, just someone with commercial acumen.

The DoF identifies targets and sets the tone for style of play.. They dangle and interfere in the football side and the manager is accountable to them. A head scout working for the manager and a commercial director is a better option.

Sounds like Frank wants a major say and who’s to blame him.

It’s critical they get on and have a like minded vision.
Its his neck on the line I agree. I'd be the same. If I'm getting sacked and my name dragged through the media I want to know i have full control.

Status
Not open for further replies.