Votes: 58 30.9%
  • Give it Dunk

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Librarian

Player Valuation: £60m
Spurs head of scouting and recruitment Steve Hitchen has resigned and is linked with a role at Everton.

So do we need a Director of Football or is it a failed model here and is a chief of scouting more appropriate?

Gentle reminder that not a single trophy has been won in football in the last 20 years by a team that doesnt employ a Director of Football or a person who fits that job description.

Spurs head of scouting and recruitment Steve Hitchen has resigned and is linked with a role at Everton.

So do we need a Director of Football or is it a failed model here and is a chief of scouting more appropriate?

1: Theres a Hitchen thread but it looks like this is more of a 'do we need one' thread.

2: Of course we need one as no one wins anything without one.

3: Potter basically admitted he needs a top team around him...Moshiri said he would put the support in place for Lampard.

Welcome our DOF overlord.

I dont see it. We'll hire people and break up that job to its constituent parts.

Half a billion with that model flushed down the toilet.

No, nay, never again.
You sure Moshiri has learned anything from this? I'm not, that's why I'm quite certain there will be a new DOF in place before the summer. One who's job will, once again, be completely undermined by Moshiri's ego.

We're not getting one. I think that is abundantly clear by now.

It's been a disatrous role and completely alien to Everton.

As predicted.
Just because it's been a disastrous role for Everton thus far should be irrelevant to the question of whether we should have one.

It's been disastrous for a number of reasons, none of which has to do with whether that role, in theory, should exist.

I think most would acknowledge that it's a role that, done correctly, certainly has a place in modern football.

As long as Moshiri is involved, there are uphill battles to be fought on whether it can be implemented correctly, however,

Just because it's been a disastrous role for Everton thus far should be irrelevant to the question of whether we should have one.

It's been disastrous for a number of reasons, none of which has to do with whether that role, in theory, should exist.

I think most would acknowledge that it's a role that, done correctly, certainly has a place in modern football.

As long as Moshiri is involved, there are uphill battles to be fought on whether it can be implemented correctly, however,
I look forward to Marcel Brands next interview with bated breath.

Doubt it will be soon, probably a big fat NDA, but when he does, its gonna be biblical.

Gentle reminder that not a single trophy has been won in football in the last 20 years by a team that doesnt employ a Director of Football or a person who fits that job description.
It depends on what you define as a DOF, what we had with Brands is not even close to what United had with Ferguson.
Ferguson picked every player like managers used to do, whereas here, it seems Brands, Walsh took stick for supposedly buying the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.