dermot gallagher on the sending off

Status
Not open for further replies.
The decision was "100%" wrong, apparently. They are now talking about how Hibbert should have been sent off, and all the stuff being thrown onto the pitch.

The decision was "100%" wrong, apparently. They are now talking about how Hibbert should have been sent off, and all the stuff being thrown onto the pitch.

All after the fact. If the daft red card doesn't happen, those incidents dont.

Last edited:
It would be typical of the FA to rescind Rodwells Red Card, but then charge Everton for failing to control the fans and Hibbert for violent conduct.

If you look at the stills of the incident it proves how incompetent Atkinson is - all the time his eyes are on Suarez which means he judged a tackle he did not see (!!) on the reaction of the opponent. Now if that isn't bad enough (not seeing it, poor judgement, big game, so called top referee) I have no idea what is. So in conclusion it's not that he misjudged the tackle at all. He GUESSES!

All after the fact. If the daft red card doesn't happen, those incidents dont.[/QUOTE

Totally agree. I've had Red noses saying this and that to me today about the Hibbert & Fellaini tackles that went unpuinished (yellow cards for me). But like you say, if Atkinson doesn't send Rodwell off, either those incidents don't happen or at worst they still do and yellow cards are dished out. Atkinson was doing his best not to produce a card in the second half once he'd realised (or seen evidence) that he'd dropped a clanger!

In fairness he wasnt producing cards in the first half either - in fact he was gneerally letting a lot of stuff go - which is one reason why Rodwells sending off was a surprise. In most derbys you can see a red car dcoming cos the ref books every tackle but that wasnt the case on Saturday

The later tackles, particularly Hibberts were a direct result of the red card. There hadn't been a bad tackle in the game before Rodwells 'clean tackle'. The referee ruined what was shaping up to be a cracking game, if I see him at Goodison again I will be amazed.

Up until Rodwell's red, there wasn't much of anything happening in the first half in terms of chippy fouls or hard challenges.

In theory shouldn't Atkinson be done for inciting crowd trouble?
As its been pointed out no red card no coin or plastic bottles get thrown,so indirectly the f.a are to blame for employing a tvvat!

The challenge Hibbo made was worthy of a yellow no more , people trying to use it as justification for Jacks earlier red are clutching at straws to say the least .

No mention of how Adam escaped a blatant yellow for his challenge on Tim first half , surprise surprise .

Status
Not open for further replies.