Derby Reverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could a Derby result have the reverse effect on our team?

Considering we were doing a decent job before the Pickford calamity, could a Goodison win restore and reverse our confidence and send us on a good run for the final games?
Could...in theory, but I doubt it.
Anyway we have to win it first, now how likely is that? - see above.

Yes, people seem to forget we were doing well before the derby. I can’t see us going on a run of 7 or 8 wins, but I can see us clicking again and getting the results to build some confidence back.

Even with our record, and my pessimism, provided we stay in the league over the coming years, we are going to have to get a result against them at some point.

That must play on RS minds also, as well on ours in the opposite manner.

Whilst a win would be terrific, I don't think it would single-handedly transform the rest of the season or the beginning of the next one.

If anything, resting on laurels after such a rare derby win would probably be the order of the day.

I would love to get a result though, any win against them is to be savoured but in the context of their season and ours,and the last derby, it would be a big kick up the proverbials for them.

We just don't have the mental strength to play to the final whistle and beat Liverpool.
And that's where all our recent managers have failed. Including Silva, sadly. Because his job is to build that mentality and he cannot

Yes, it's often said form goes out of the window when it comes to Derby games and as the RS showed on Sunday they ain't all that, let's all be up for this and have a right go at them from the off, the pressure is deffo on them and we have nothing to lose.

Beating Liverpool certainly wouldn't turn this dreadful season around but it would instil a renewed level of confidence in the club, players and hopefully the fans for the remaining games. Whether it would impact on Silvas long term future is doubtful but right now I'm clutching at straws!!

Status
Not open for further replies.