2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe. I'm not sure his career as a whole necessary suggests that though to be honest. I think really he just had a run of form when he first came here which is probably a fair bit better than anything he's ever done before, and people went a bit over the top about it. He then returned to being the type of player he's always been. I think people always try to make inconsistency out to be some sort of weird mystery when in reality it's just the key indicator of how good a player actually is.
Much truth in that statement.
I also build in the garbage tactics???? of a certain catering manager and his apparent lack of good man-management led to the demise in most of our players early last season. That would shake the form of anybody. I will wait and assess as the season continues, but to date I have been quite heartened.

I think he's underestimated by some of our fans. Maupay's chance in the 2nd half came from an excellent run at pace from Gray from inside our half and he should have got an assist. He was also a threat in the first half and think he set up Maupay for a chance then too with a through ball.

Also think he will get a few more goals this season.

I think he's underestimated by some of our fans. Maupay's chance in the 2nd half came from an excellent run at pace from Gray from inside our half and he should have got an assist. He was also a threat in the first half and think he set up Maupay for a chance then too with a through ball.

Also think he will get a few more goals this season.
He is very underrated for sure, from his goal against Arsenal to his ball for the DCL match winner against Palace, he had a very good season

He’s a very good squad player for the level we’re at. He’s fast, has good close control and can make things happen.

I think his main problem is trying to go for the clever, killer ball or trying to shoot himself when it’s not really on. Sometimes a nice square ball, like he did for Maupay’s chance is the better option.

Hasn’t quite come off for him today but you can tell opposition defenders hate him. He is like a budget Ronaldo (2010s era) in the way he breaks and uses his skill and pace. I’m sure he will frustrate as much as he elates but ultimately, I think he is a really useful member of the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.