2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is also my take. He is now working extremely hard for the team out of possession and he does so much right, a burst of pace or quick feet and he’s breaking lines and making defenders backpeddle and then more often than he should he just falls to pieces at the crucial part of his dribble, runs into congested areas, doesnt strike the ball cleanly or doesn’t take an easier option when he’s pulled defenders out of position. If he can get that part of his game together then he will be formidable
He has always struggled with this throughout his career that's his issue. I find him one of the most frustrating players I have ever watched tbh. He has all the ability in the world but just can't put it together to complete the package, if he did he would be playing for a bigger club than us.

He has always struggled with this throughout his career that's his issue. I find him one of the most frustrating players I have ever watched tbh. He has all the ability in the world but just can't put it together to complete the package, if he did he would be playing for a bigger club than us.
It’s his decision making, it’s atrocious. There was a break in the second half, he was in the centre of the pitch, think Iwobi and Mykelenko were open on the left; he looks up, foot on the ball slows the play down and the attack is dead

Like you said, if he had that he’d be at the top. We need to improve on him

One thing I think he does is a deliver a pretty decent free kick when it’s most required.. he delivered the DCL header v Palace to keep us.. then yesterday on a plate for Onana to head back to Coady… I think consistency wise he’s not bad at the dead ball

Gray is always going to be a frustrating drifter, but I really do enjoy watching him.

He's got better movement than a lot of strikers (seems to get himself put through one on one every game), and is so elegant and technical on the ball.

In my eyes, he's comfortably the most frustrating player in the squad.

He should be so much better than he is.

The amount of times Mykolenko gets the ball, looks up, and this guy with all the pace and ability in the world just stares at him wanting it to feet.

We needed to stretch the defensive line of United and once again he doesn't want to do that. Neither did Gordon. And McNeil moves at glacial pace for a winger so I can't expect him to walk in behind.

The most damming thing I can say about him is I’m constantly seeing him do something and it’ll break down or not go well and I just think once he gets that out of his game and grows as a player he’ll be a real force. Then I remember he’s 26.

He’s too old now for some of the constant mistakes and wrong decisions, as well as other poor attributes, to be something we can hope he develops and improves in. He is what he is, which is another run of the mill, used to be wonderkid, pacy winger with not much else.

I bet he was class in the underage teams scoring every week and keeping the ball to himself but someone needs to tell the lad that was a decade ago and he’s not twice as good as everyone else on the pitch anymore. Honestly his whole gameplan smacks of immaturity to me.

He’s just a fairly bog standard winger. I don’t really see what people get so confused about with him, he’s a bit of a maverick and sometimes things work and sometimes they don’t. It’s not particularly odd, he has ability but not enough of it to be top class, that’s why he’s had the career he’s had.

Love his pace and crosses if we had 1 of him on each flank we’d be better off, as others are saying he does make the wrong decisions about 6/10 times, that being said I do just love seeing him run at defenders

Status
Not open for further replies.