2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sell for literally anything above what we paid, save the salary, and use the proceeds to take a gamble on a random championship youngster who “may” be worth more in 2 years. Plenty of unknowns can produce what he does in games.

Skilful, quick and talented lad. Bet through his entire career since the age of 6 he has been far and away the best in the matches in training, skinning everyone and scoring loads, only to blend into insignificance in proper matches. Either a mental thing, or he’s not very bright. Not lack of confidence as he does take responsibility and shoot, often when he shouldn’t.

So frustrating, but I can’t see the penny dropping any more. Really thought it might last year, but no.

He shouldn't be starting. Gives the ball away too easily.

Need better quality going forward.

Think he is a very good option from the bench to run at tired legs.

Got what we paid for: four points last season. I'm not complaining. If the decision-making were fixable, it probably would have been fixed and he wouldn't be here. More than just squad filler - there will be teams that give us what he does well this season, and he can contribute as a sub.

Barring one peach of a cross that any professional 6ft+ centre forward would of buried he was absolutely forgettable today. Far too many times he takes far too long with the ball at his feet and slows any impetus down. The coaches should be getting hold of him and making him watch this 90 minutes back in a padded room and highlighting his poor decision making.

That failed pass to let Gordon in goal really is unforgivable...for me shouldn't be anywhere our start 11...if he is, then we are in big trouble this season attacking wise.

Hardy unforgivable when he had Thiago Silva guarding the line and Anthony Gordon making the run.

The majority of pro footballers don’t get that pass off

Status
Not open for further replies.