2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly he's absolutely crap. People need to remember there are likely very good reasons why neither Leicester nor Leverkusen wanted anything to do with him, and why even for the paltry sum of £1.7m we had zero competition to secure his signature.

I want to like Gray but he makes it very hard to do when his natural instincts are to be selfish & not do the simple early pass. It's bloody annoying because there is quality there. He just has zero idea how to use it.

Had his moments. Chelsea have top level defenders but I expected a bit more from him today. Not the most pressing of our problems.

If he actually had anything close to alright decision making and a consistent final ball he’d probably be worth £50m. He doesn’t though and he was worth only £1.5m for a reason.

I find it funny, if you went through how people described Sterling and Maguire in their careers so far, you’d think they were awful but both can be fairly good, Sterling is unreal. The exact way they are described though fits Gray and Keane down to the littlest details.

His feet are faster then his mind, he waits to long before releasing and doesn’t release when the opportunity is optimally on, but then takes that option when it’s less favourable. Seriously needs a coach to get a hold of his decision making, all the talent in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.