2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
…..given his level of performance in recent times, I very much doubt he’d be considered for competitive matches anyway.
If he impresses in pre-season you never know...

How many more matches does he have to play to trigger the first payment?

4/5?

It was rather odd how they both excepted its recognized practice within football. Never thought about of sleeping tablets as part and parcel of professional football.
Honestly I think Spurs will just say their doctors prescribed the correct dosages for their players to sleep before big games so they got the rest they needed and they’re terribly sorry to hear about what happened.

The most impressive thing about Dele for me in that interview is that he never had a bad word to say about anyone (except maybe tabloid media which is fair) and he made a point of saying he personally went and got more pills himself through other means.

What an absolute shame for him, no child deserves that life and I'm glad he found an adoptive family that was able to show him the love and upbringing he deserved. Hope that the initial steps he's made through rehab will continue to help him. I know from listening to some of Alastair Campbells books that Dyche has always shown great curiosity and a desire to better understand mental health issues in order to support players. It might be that Dele has found himself in the right place for this stage of his journey whatever the footballing outcome. Of course were he to recover anything close to his previous ability he would be the best player in the squad IMO.

I'm also glad that he pointed out the tabloid pressure that has meant he felt he had to open up about this, perhaps even before he was ready. The more these things are highlighted along with the shambles of the Huw Edwards case and Harry's court battle the more these rats get exposed for what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.