2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
They may well be happy with that. Getting Dele Alli off their wage bill was their primary concern and they may be willing to gamble on a potential bonus of £20M rather than something lower.

£1M certainly isn't worth renegotiating for.
£1m might not be, but there’d almost certainly be room for re-negotiation. Whether that’s in reducing that first fee, or pushing it back by 10 or so games.

It’s the rare circumstance when there can genuinely be a win-win-win solution for all parties

Let’s just pay him for the year then and not use him at all what a club.
Nobody is saying the structure of the deal isn't shocking, like, but unless another club comes in for him, the wages are getting paid regardless. To lash away another £10m on 7 x 20 min cameos, hoping he might pull some footballing ability out of his bum for the first time in years, would be negligent to say the least.

Nobody is saying the structure of the deal isn't shocking, like, but unless another club comes in for him, the wages are getting paid regardless. To lash away another £10m on 7 x 20 min cameos, hoping he might pull some footballing ability out of his bum for the first time in years, would be negligent to say the least.
Well I’d say it’s worth seeing him in 6x 20 minute cameos and what his intensity is like in training to decide if it’s worth it why not at least see rather than give up while paying the wages anyway? We’ve been negligent in so many transfers offering Iwobi a contract is negligent why change now 😂

Until Kenwright and Moshiri are gone, nobody suitably qualified will be able to do a completely objective overview of our disastrous recruitment policies.

Sorry for Deli's problems, but yet another example of millions of pounds washed down the drain for zero football=performance related returns.

Whilst this hierarchy remains expect more costly disasters through the door.

Well I’d say it’s worth seeing him in 6x 20 minute cameos and what his intensity is like in training to decide if it’s worth it why not at least see rather than give up while paying the wages anyway? We’ve been negligent in so many transfers offering Iwobi a contract is negligent why change now 😂
That's clearly where you and I differ, my friend! Time will tell, of course.

Let’s be honest … both far better then any goalie we’ve ever had

bait.jpg

Until Kenwright and Moshiri are gone, nobody suitably qualified will be able to do a completely objective overview of our disastrous recruitment policies.

Sorry for Deli's problems, but yet another example of millions of pounds washed down the drain for zero football=performance related returns.

Whilst this hierarchy remains expect more costly disasters through the door.
Didn't know we paid anything for him yet other than wages of course.....???

So it's £10m for every 20 appearences, considering Dyche said he's miles off and he is recovering from injury anyways it's very possible that he might not even be available to make those 26 appearences this season to get that £20m.

25 games this year and if he can prove himself, allow his contract to expire and re-sign him on more realistic terms if needed. If he found some sort of form again he'd be a 28 year old, good member of the squad and we'd have only paid £10m for him, which is a fine price. I think 25 games is more than enough to be able to judge if he has a future at the club, which I'm sure we all hope he does.

Not even taking into account Besiktas definitely gave us something for a loan fee the deal probably worked out to £8m for him if he plays those games, that seems like a perfectly reasonable gamble for us to take whether it works out or not, I have hope and faith in the lad that it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.