Confirmed Signing Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any evidence to suggest it’s based on honours won? Why would Spurs agree to that, we don’t win things
tbf neither do they. maybe they just wanted money in case he ever won anything anywhere, you know - for the novelty of it

Talking to my old man who is a Spurs fan. If Lampard is playing 433 he will need to play as one of the forward 3 in a fairly free role. Presumably Dom will start so it means dropping Rich or Gray to accommodate him. I think you need an option like Gray or Gordon to carry the ball so that would leave Rich. That would be a brave call for Frank to make.

As for Dele being a success it looks like a long shot to me. His best form was 2016/17 season so 5 years ago. I think physically there should be no issue but is the damage to his confidence and mentality irreparable. We will know where we stand with him by the end of the season. Personally I would not have done this deal. VDB was already a punt.

Could be part of the advanced of 3 in midfield. 2 of Gomes/Allan/DVB/Doucoure sitting.

At Chelsea he had Jorginho sitting. Kante allowed to get box to box, and Kovacic floating inbetween the attack and defence.

Yes he’s not been at his best but if he had been then no way we would be signing him.

We are 16th. I guarantee if Watford had signed him on these terms everyone on here would be going mad we weren’t all over it.

What’s he going to do in the evenings though, away from friends and family?
Can any of you who live in the city invite him around for tea now and then?

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome!

To be honest I don't think it was just one thing, it was an accumulation of things and some that aren't directly related to Dele. We were never the same as a team when Dembele left our midfield and then further more so when Eriksen wanted out and his level declined, even now we haven't been able to replace what they gave the side. I think Dele probably suffered just due to the once really good dynamic on the pitch being broken up. Then Poch left due to underperforming with a stale squad, Jose came in and the football was hard for certain attackers to flourish in, apart from Kane and Son as our whole game was tailored to those two really.

From him personally though he's had a few injuries which may not have helped, some think he'd lost focus and put too much of his energy on external things like clothing brands and such. It's impossible to know if that's true but like I've said in a previous post, he really does seem to work hard to try and perform better on the pitch but it just hasn't happened. On some tribute videos I've seen since he signed for you I'd really forgotten how sharp he used to be and he seems to have lost a bit of that.

Really looking forward to watching you guys now though. I think a lot of fans were happy to see him go but also want him to do well because of what he's given, and it's a bit sad when looking back at that and how it sort of ended up going a bit downhill. Also, what fans of a players previous team thinks can often be quite irrelevant. We signed the 2 lads from Juve where most of their fanbase seem delighted to have gotten rid of them and I know they haven't played yet but a lot of Spurs fans are happy and optimistic over the two, so how a player fits in one side can be completely different in another and hopefully that's the case with Dele and Everton.

Sorry for the long post! :D
Going on Ali’s last two seasons at Spurs I think your chairman has crafted a great deal for your club with Spurs saving a lot of money on All’s wages and Spurs could net a large fee if Alli makes good here but it is Everton taking all the risks if it doesn’t come off, being stuck with him for another two seasons after this one.

Is there any evidence to suggest it’s based on honours won? Why would Spurs agree to that, we don’t win things?

Can't believe Levy could be that stupid, I mean it's been 27 years, I mean Levy might as well have stood on top of the Empire State building in a force 10 Gale with a suitcase of money wide open if be agreed to that. I think personally it will be set on of course appearances, goals scored and created by Dele Ali.

Last edited:
Can't believe Levy could be that stupid, I mean it's been 27 years, I mean Levy might as well have stood on top of the Empire State building in a force 10 Gale with a suitcase of money wide open it be agreed to that. I think personally it will be set on of course appearances, goals scored and created by Dele Ali.
Christ, we’re headed for transfer fees being decided by xG, aren’t we?

Exactly. He's a shadow of the player he initially was. Hopefully if he can sort out his.off field problems he can improve but that won't be easy for him

He's always been more of a second striker for me, apparently created a load of goals for Spurs as well as earlier on scoring them. But he had Kane and Son next to him when he was at his best. Hopefully DCL, Richarlison and Gray can replicate that between them. Maybe he just got stale at Spurs and needed a fresh challenge, seems to want to play for Lampard and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.