Defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiss the crest

Player Valuation: £35m
What the hell do we do going forward with the defence?

Who has the fight and desire to put their bodies on the line to keep this club in the premier league.

Coleman Finished
Keane gives away goal every game, nearly did v Borehamwood only for Kenny to save him
Holgate see Keane
Myka nothing player

For me
Patterson Godfrey Braithwaite Kenny

Thats the best I can think of, even that is scary

Doesn't matter who we play at the back, it'll be a defence that belongs in the Championship. At home we need to play on the front foot as much as possible to avoid them having to do any actual defending. Away from home they need to spend the entire week being drilled as a team to try and miraculously grind out a point.

Who has the fight and desire to put their bodies on the line to keep this club in the premier league.

Coleman Finished
Keane gives away goal every game, nearly did v Borehamwood only for Kenny to save him
Holgate see Keane
Myka nothing player

For me

This. Godfrey has limitations but at least he’ll throw himself in the way of a shot or put on a big tackle. Same with Branthwaite. These 2 should start together until (if!) Mina is fit.

Coleman Finished
Holgate see Keane
Myka nothing player

For me

Do we have a defence coach. ?

We have to get our attacking play to click and try and out score teams.

It’s a travesty that with richarlison / DCL / Gordon/ vdb we haven’t had a short in target last two games.

Defending starts from the front and our press (Gordon aside) was completely non existent. The midfield tried to chase the ball like school kids and they dont have the legs. We all know that without Mina we cant defend so our tactics last night were baffling.

Where the hell is Mina...someone patch him up and tell him we'll give him 5 million if he plays till the end of the season.

Not even close to coming back. And will get injured within 20 mins of his comeback anyway. People need to stop acting like he's our best defender and will be our saviour. Realistically we will get 2 games max out of him.

Our back four that started the second half cost £3,760,00 hardly surprising they struggled, but the worry is with over £100 mill worth of defenders as well as them I struggle to figure out a defensive lineup that would be consistently good. Its a tough one .

Defending starts from the front and our press (Gordon aside) was completely non existent. The midfield tried to chase the ball like school kids and they dont have the legs. We all know that without Mina we cant defend so our tactics last night were baffling.
This, no shape when we turned the ball over time and again in their half. Defence is very weak, leaving them so exposed ain’t going to help much.

Status
Not open for further replies.