Dear David Moyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember being very nervous at the prospect of Moyes leaving. And then Bobby flattered to deceive the first year and Moyes struggled and I momentarily forgot. But since then you could argue we haven't been the same since he left. Moyes wasn't perfect but he was good at his job no question. One wonders what he would have done with Lukaku the year after he left. Better than 5th?

I can just see it...'Come inta'ma office Romeloo…..let ma show yee these videos a' Marcus Bent'

The problem is people have short memories. Nowadays clubs like Wolves can spend huge amounts of money on players, even West Ham have spent quite a bit. If you look at the contribution of players like Howard, Baines, Coleman, Jags, Pienaar, Arteta,Distin, Felaini, Cahill and a few others compared to the price we paid for them he did a great job. Saying he struggled against the top teams is a fact, but moronic when you consider we've only beat United away from home out of the big teams and that was the same season they lost to West Brom, Sunderland and Newcastle at home. Palace have beaten the RS numerous times at Anfield as well. Our performances against the big teams now are no better than they were now. Yes we put in a few awful performances such as the semi final, but I'd say it was nowhere near as bad as some of the performances since he left. Even in Koemann'f first season, we were pretty poor. My view is the problem is bigger than the manager, considering players and coaching staff have left and we still are terrified against the big teams suggests it wasn't just him that was the problem.

Hold on a minute. Baines and Jagielka aside, Silva has not inherited an ageing squad. He has a squad full of internationals in their prime or young and developing internationals.

We are top of the EPL 2 and 3rd in the U18 league. We have some talented players at our disposal in our squad.

Unfortunately we do not have a manager capable of drilling into those players a system and consistent approach to games which allows us to kick on as a club.

Gladly take the win yesterday, but for large parts of the game we were absolutely dire.

Maybe not an ageing squad, but a disinterested, demoralised and disjointed squad was inherited. We had a new DOF, a relatively new owner and were ina position where we’d just come off the back of the darkest period in our history (IMO) where a Neanderthal Manager regressed us and totally alienated us as a Club.
In summary, the discord when Marco took over was huge.
Rome wasn’t built in a day (it took the Darling Moyes 11years to build a side that won nowt).

Maybe not an ageing squad, but a disinterested, demoralised and disjointed squad was inherited. We had a new DOF, a relatively new owner and were ina position where we’d just come off the back of the darkest period in our history (IMO) where a Neanderthal Manager regressed us and totally alienated us as a Club.
In summary, the discord when Marco took over was huge.
Rome wasn’t built in a day (it took the Darling Moyes 11years to build a side that won nowt).

PMSL!!! And you don't think we have looked disinterested, demoralised and disjointed this season? Did you see the first half Sunday, or the second half against Newcastle? Or just about every other couple of games this season?

Big Sam was dire, but his team was not disjointed. The players were not disinterested under Koeman - they just got demoralised though because of the fixture list from hell.

Marco has manged to achieve all three of these things in his tenure in charge - and half the first team are his signings...

Rome wasnt built in a day - but Marco is incapable of building Rome. At least Moyes built us a nice solid stable walled city after we foraged round in the wilderness on a hand to mouth existence in the previous decade.

I don't know what Marco is building at the moment. I can't explain our style of play or understand our system at times - the players look equally lost and that is how I know that sadly he is no leader of men. He had the chance at the start of the season to rip it up and start again with a new system, tactics, players and identity for club. He has signed enough players - I don't see any evidence of the rest.

At least with Moyes you knew what you were going to get.

A poem for Davey Moyes: -

We didn’t realise how good we had it at the time,
when Pip was our captain with his trademark chip down the line,
ever since you left it’s been a struggle,
what was your great team is now a pile of rubble,
oh David Moyes we dearly miss you,
poor Mr Silva bit off more than he could chew.

Sometimes you don’t know just how ruddy good you’ve got it until it’s no longer there.

COYB!!!!!
Lost me at Pip

Dear David,

Please can you come back and bottle all the crucial games, need to go through a Wigan cup game and LFC semi again.....

why oh why

its like when you have been fecked off by a girl and sitting there pissed alone thinking about the good old days BUT in reality the good old days were not so good as you split in the first place

not for me..... yes if we need to change but no go back to Moyes

Failed at United, failed in Spain, failed at Sunderland and did ok at WHU.....
You're like a more iambically inclined Davek.

I remember being very nervous at the prospect of Moyes leaving. And then Bobby flattered to deceive the first year and Moyes struggled and I momentarily forgot. But since then you could argue we haven't been the same since he left. Moyes wasn't perfect but he was good at his job no question. One wonders what he would have done with Lukaku the year after he left. Better than 5th?

In his last year if Jelavic was the player he was the season before we could have been 3rd. In Martinez's 1st year, w/ Lukaku, 5th. The top 4 was much stronger that year.

Sometimes you dont know how good you've got it until you go screw over your long running loyal team for a poor decision to join Man U while you sleazily try and claim every player they dont sell you is them doing wrong as you try and double screw them over, and then you get quickly fired and fade into nothingness.

Sorry not sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.