Dear David Moyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes was good here. At times we looked like we could challenge but lacked that extra bit of quality.

He could end up here at one point in the future but needs to be in a steady job for a while as his CV since he left us looks terrible.

What? You’ve literally said you’d change managers every few seasons and we’ve seen how well that’s gone. Call me daft but I’d rather sit in 7th for 3 years rather than spin the wheel and see if we end up getting top 6 or dragged into a relegation battle.
Well that’s lacking ambition, we may as well have kept big Sam and saved 15mil
And all the top teams change managers if they aren’t successful, we should be no different.

And finishing 7th isn’t success.

Can probably be summarised by we lost games under Moyes because our players weren’t as good as the top ones. We’ve lost a lot more games since because our players are now even worse. I think people just believed there was a magic manager round the corner waiting to propel the likes of Osman Neville and Howard to challenge for CL places consistently, win trophies and win big games away from home. Those things only happen when you combine a top manager with top players (as Liverpool and Spurs have started doing). We replaced Moyes with a succession of mid table managers and they’ve bought poor players. I respect Moyes because he got the most out of the limited funds he had which can’t be said for his successors. What people wanted him to do though was just unrealistic given that he had a board selling his best players and the ones he kept were crocked by a freak injury season where we picked up 4 ACLs.

Imagine in a different world we had kept the 07-09 team intact. None of them had snapped their ACLs. Moyes was given Moshiri’s millions at exactly the same time that Barkley and Stones came through. I doubt he would have messed it up quite has badly as Martinez and Koeman did. We certainly would not have seen some of the clowns we have done in blue over the last few seasons, we wouldn’t have had players on tv criticising the manager, we wouldn’t have had players leaving training, grabbing penalties off each other, we wouldn’t have even worried about relegation at any point, we’d never have spent 45 mill on the Icelandic David Dunn, we wouldn’t have hired that slug Allardyce and we may wel have looked at a few seasons of European qualification and increased revenues.

He’s an absolute league above Martinez Koeman and Allardyce. It’s not even a comparison.

I get why some people don't like Moyes but to totally discredit what he did, with very limited resources, seems really delusional.

It's good to see some people can see the good he did for us, at a time when we were struggling.

A poem for Davey Moyes: -

We didn’t realise how good we had it at the time,
when Pip was our captain with his trademark chip down the line,
ever since you left it’s been a struggle,
what was your great team is now a pile of rubble,
oh David Moyes we dearly miss you,
poor Mr Silva bit off more than he could chew.

Sometimes you don’t know just how ruddy good you’ve got it until it’s no longer there.

COYB!!!!!

a87fe0b6327a0dbdeb0c71aabc20e58a-daw6chj.gif

Moyes was good here. At times we looked like we could challenge but lacked that extra bit of quality.

Someone I know was at a corporate dinner with Moyes last year. He bemoaned the lack of a proper 20 a season striker and said he basically had all but signed Miroslav Klose, then he got injured. He thought we could have got into the champions league if he could have got that signing over the line.

I tend to agree.. If you go back to the war, we have only failed to finish outside of the top 5 once when one of our strikers has hit 20 league goals. That was Koemans season with Lukaku.. Moyes hit top 5, 3 times and top 6, 5 times without a 20 a season striker. He used what little money he had to try to sign a decent one, but was always shopping in the upper mid tier of the market (Beattie, Yak, Johnson, Saha etc). Shame Lukaku was a year later...

Anyway, so that's 3 world cup winning strikers we nearly signed in the last 25 years. Name them....

Moyes back for me...

Passion & motivation the man loves this club...

He could do a job & would be back here as quick as you could say goodison park...

Pickford would be told to grow up in no uncertain terms....
That’s the old Moyes though.

Would the current contemporary Moyes be the same?

Someone I know was at a corporate dinner with Moyes last year. He bemoaned the lack of a proper 20 a season striker and said he basically had all but signed Miroslav Klose, then he got injured. He thought we could have got into the champions league if he could have got that signing over the line.

I tend to agree.. If you go back to the war, we have only failed to finish outside of the top 5 once when one of our strikers has hit 20 league goals. That was Koemans season with Lukaku.. Moyes hit top 5, 3 times and top 6, 5 times without a 20 a season striker. He used what little money he had to try to sign a decent one, but was always shopping in the upper mid tier of the market (Beattie, Yak, Johnson, Saha etc). Shame Lukaku was a year later...

Anyway, so that's 3 world cup winning strikers we nearly signed in the last 25 years. Name them....

Massive fan of Klose, he was my fantasy signing for us for many years. I don't believe we were close to actually signing him, these dinner-circuits ex-players & managers do are full of quite tall tales. Klose's form for Bayern may have been below-average, but he was still well-regarded enough to the point where Lazio signed him even at age 33. The slower Italian game suited him, he scored well and ended up winning cups with them. A move to the hustle & bustle of the Prem? That would only have been a realistic option while he was still at Bremen in his mid-twenties before his world-class 05/06 season (the one which made Bayern sniff, putting him out of our price range).

That’s the old Moyes though.

Would the current contemporary Moyes be the same?

The current Moyes would be even more determined as he has something to prove after unsuccessful ventures since leaving Everton...

His heart has always been at Everton he would bring the passion back & make goodison a fortress again...

Moyes will be waiting for that call, he has unfinished business to deal with...

"I know exactly how Everton work".

Shat on the club after being given 11 years here - someone who could have been binned after two seasons here and his career in tatters.

A disgusting man who underlined how poor he was when he left.
Total agree, and that last match when he was applauded around Goodison made me vomit.

Well that’s lacking ambition, we may as well have kept big Sam and saved 15mil
And all the top teams change managers if they aren’t successful, we should be no different.

And finishing 7th isn’t success.

Finishing 7th when you've been spending less than the top 6 for years isn't failure either and it's a lot better than what our managers have been doing for the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.