Baines' left foot

Player Valuation: £90m
A poem for Davey Moyes: -

We didn’t realise how good we had it at the time,
when Pip was our captain with his trademark chip down the line,
ever since you left it’s been a struggle,
what was your great team is now a pile of rubble,
oh David Moyes we dearly miss you,
poor Mr Silva bit off more than he could chew.

Sometimes you don’t know just how ruddy good you’ve got it until it’s no longer there.

COYB!!!!!

Shows how bad things are when doing nothing, winning nothing and going nowhere for 10 years is considered better than doing nothing, winning nothing and going nowhere for 5 years.

Here is my Poem for David Moyes.

No Thanks Davey.

The End.

:)

Shows how bad things are when doing nothing, winning nothing and going nowhere for 10 years is considered better than doing nothing, winning nothing and going nowhere for 5 years.

Here is my Poem for David Moyes.

No Thanks Davey.

The End.

:)
At least the team had some fight Lob.

Gang of gutless mercenaries this lot.

Sometimes you don’t know just how ruddy good you’ve got it until it’s no longer there.

COYB!!!!!
on the shandy already mate?

COYB!!!!!

I mean this may be in jest or it may not, I'm not entirely sure. However the point still stands that we played some good stuff under Moyes and he never got much credit for it, all the while we were pretty solid at the back. If he'd had the budget that managers since have had I suspect he'd have done a far better job given the chance. Someone can bold that statement and point to what he spent at United and still failed, but the whole environment there wasn't conducive to a successful rebuilding job.

I think he's a tit for the way he acted after his departure and Woodward was as much to blame for the way things turned out at United as Moyes was, but let's not re-write history because we're too bitter to accept that he was the best thing that's happened to the club for many years. It's a shame the managers since have dismantled the hard work and work ethic he instilled.

Going nowhere for 10 years? Did you witness Walter Smith?

Yep i sure did and yep he was goddam awful but tbf, he would have a hard job going nowhere in 10 years when he was only there for 4 years.

We would have to go back to the 80s and early 90s to get to the last time when we were a force to be reckoned with and thankfully i am fortunate enough to have experienced them days as well being in my early 50s. Feel sorry for any of our younger fans who have never had the enjoyable experience of us being consistently good and winning things.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.