Dear Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baines' left foot

Player Valuation: £90m
Language
Dear Bill Kenwright,

As a man in his late twenties I’ve never known such excitement and hope surrounding this great club before, so much that I felt compelled to write this open letter to you. It hasn’t been an easy ride by all means, you took over from the club when we were in a desperate situation and have shaped the club to be on the cusp of joining the elite.

I have a very vague memory of my first game at Goodison Park. It was a miserable overcast day and we were playing Tottenham. I was misty eyed and in awe of the whole occasion. That was until Les Ferdinand scored twice as Spurs won 2-0. The only lasting memories I have of the occasion are sadness and despair. Those memories are becoming more and more distant now as we stride in to the transfer market with a swagger and made a statement of intent and for the first time in my lIfe time we have the elite clubs worried.

I must say that I think it’s quite unfair that Moshiri, Koeman and Walsh are taking majority of the plaudits for our current situation. It was Bill Kenwright who steered the club through hard times when under Walter Smith, brought in David Moyes when we were desperate and turned us in to regular European place contenders. The sleeping giant was waking up. We are the new kid on the block, we’ve got some boss new clobber, we’ve had 3 cans of Relentless and we’re gonna f*** s*** up.

Sure, Moshiri has pumped money in to the club at a time when we so desperately needed it. If we hadn’t had that injection of cash and Farhad’s ambition and commercial nouse then I fear we would be in a bad place right now. Bill dedicated his life to finding a new majority shareholder and I think he should receive the highest praise for doing so. Moshiri is proving to be a sound choice and coupling his skills with Kenwright’s love and desire for the club to be successful we now have a new stadium in the most perfect location to look forward to. The club is finally making the right moves to break up the elite.

Finally, I would like to pay a special thank you to Bill for bringing Wayne Rooney back to the club. I’m not to embarrassed to admit that I shed a few tears when the announcement was made and I saw his first press conference. The goal he scored in the friendly was reminiscent of the goal he scored against Arsenal which catapulted him to stardom. Our boy is back.

Thanks Bill

Do you know what mate, thank you, thank you so much for this.

It's absolutely beautiful to be honest with you and perfectly sums up the massive debt of gratitude we owe to Mr Kenwright.

Everything you've said is right, I actually got a bit teary eyed toward the end.

So thanks again and thank you Bill. Our true saviour.

dhMeAzK.gif

Dear Bill Kenwright,

As a man in his late twenties I’ve never known such excitement and hope surrounding this great club before, so much that I felt compelled to write this open letter to you. It hasn’t been an easy ride by all means, you took over from the club when we were in a desperate situation and have shaped the club to be on the cusp of joining the elite.

I have a very vague memory of my first game at Goodison Park. It was a miserable overcast day and we were playing Tottenham. I was misty eyed and in awe of the whole occasion. That was until Les Ferdinand scored twice as Spurs won 2-0. The only lasting memories I have of the occasion are sadness and despair. Those memories are becoming more and more distant now as we stride in to the transfer market with a swagger and made a statement of intent and for the first time in my lIfe time we have the elite clubs worried.

I must say that I think it’s quite unfair that Moshiri, Koeman and Walsh are taking majority of the plaudits for our current situation. It was Bill Kenwright
who steered the club through hard times when under Walter Smith, brought in David Moyes when we were desperate and turned us in to regular European place contenders. The sleeping giant was waking up. We are the new kid on the block, we’ve got some boss new clobber, we’ve had 3 cans of Relentless and we’re gonna f*** s*** up.

Sure, Moshiri has pumped money in to the club at a time when we so desperately needed it. If we hadn’t had that injection of cash and Farhad’s ambition and commercial nouse then I fear we would be in a bad place right now. Bill dedicated his life to finding a new majority shareholder and I think he should receive the highest praise for doing so. Moshiri is proving to be a sound choice and coupling his skills with Kenwright’s love and desire for the club to be successful we now have a new stadium in the most perfect location to look forward to. The club is finally making the right moves to break up the elite.

Finally, I would like to pay a special thank you to Bill for bringing Wayne Rooney back to the club. I’m not to embarrassed to admit that I shed a few tears when the announcement was made and I saw his first press conference. The goal he scored in the friendly was reminiscent of the goal he scored against Arsenal which catapulted him to stardom. Our boy is back.

Thanks Bill
Hi Bill

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.