DCL: One season wonder??

• Yes.

Votes: 31 15.3%
  • No.

Votes: 171 84.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
None? Or you? Congrats on the new role of everyone on grand old team, makes reading much easier lol

Here's the thing. Go back over the past couple of years on here and I've always maintained that I haven't thought he was good enough. I'm personally not had my opinion changed based on a few tap ins and a good run of form.

However as the popular term vaulting on here is a thing, I'm also not going to act like like half the active forum to completely forget what I said about him before. I've been wrong before on a player and I've been right. That's the thing with opinions.

Hence the if he proves me wrong statement is an admission that I may not be correct about him. He deserves his place in the team right now and he keeps doing that then eventually he will be classed as a great player.

Still not sure why passing an opinion on here that someone disagrees with is such a dramatic thing. You disagree with me , fair enough. We don't all think the same, this isn't rawk.

Just calm it down a little eh?

Why do you want to be able to call him crap though?

Because I'm not sure how good a player he is and I imagine others have had similar thoughts. Interesting to see how confident people are that he can continue scoring frequently.

Interesting not having the votes publicly visible though, so we don’t get to revisit this in years time and laugh at people. Should’ve disabled the “change vote” option as well.

Don't think so, for the simple reason he's improved gradually over the last two or three years and is only young and should improve even more. He has the qualities needed, decent first touch, very good in the air, fast and is learning where the net is more often.

He gets into great goal scoring positions all the time. His ability to do this will continue and therefore he will end up being amongst the highest goal scorers in the league. Unfortunately, he is very prone to missing absolute sitters as well, and that will also continue. If he was to stop missing sitters, he'd end up becoming the league's best goal scorer.

Lets hope so so we can all go back to being right about him being "crap" eh?

I want him to keep on proving me wrong, which he's done a great job at so far.

Just because I have some doubts about his composure and finishing ability doesn't mean I want him to fail. Just interested to see other people's opinions.

I think he's made fairly steady improvement over the past few years that he's been better able to exploit since he stopped being so isolated up top. Playing with Richarlison has brought out his quality. Still has need for improvement but I think he's getting there.

Class,and speed is permanent - the knack of grabbing goals is what he needs to improve on at 1.5 million a great bargain...... 22 years old - I woiuld have Simms on the bench in the remainder of the season to push all our forwards tbh....

I think the point we're picking up on is when you said you WANT to call him crap as if it's annoying you he's playing well.
Why do you want to be able to call him crap though?
Why do you want an Everton player to be crap?

Completely missing the point.

If he doesn't have a top career and this is only a purple patch then it means I was right in my thinking , hence wanting to call him crap.

However

The lad is playing well and proving himself right now to be a better player. If he continues to be a better player then it means I was wrong in my thinking .

And as I have probably said many times now , if Lewen proves me wrong then we get a decent player and double figures return off a striker which is not bad at all.

Given how many young players I have championed when everyone else has given up after 10 minute cameos here and there, it's a strong stance from me to not rate a young player

Completely missing the point.

If he doesn't have a top career and this is only a purple patch then it means I was right in my thinking , hence wanting to call him crap.

However

The lad is playing well and proving himself right now to be a better player. If he continues to be a better player then it means I was wrong in my thinking .

And as I have probably said many times now , if Lewen proves me wrong then we get a decent player and double figures return off a striker which is not bad at all.

Given how many young players I have championed when everyone else has given up after 10 minute cameos here and there, it's a strong stance from me to not rate a young player

Would you not rather be wrong and have a good player for many years?

I was wrong on him, I wanted him to succeed but I couldn't see it in October. I am delighted to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.