DCL: One season wonder??

• Yes.

Votes: 31 15.3%
  • No.

Votes: 171 84.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He had a bit of a purple patch were the goals went in for him. I don't believe he is clinical enough to score enough goals at the top end of the Premier League. I have to qualify that with saying he doesn't get a lot of service from our midfield but a top centre forward needs to be able to convert half chances, DCL doesn't seem to have that ability. In close games he may only get one chance and he has to take it. Saturday was a prime example, though I am not blaming him for the defeat, at 2-0 down he had a chance to score and he missed. It is in those situations we need someone clinical. If we had a midfield that could get him 5 chances in every game then we would be fine, we don't have that by a country mile. Having said all that he is far from being our worst player.

He had a bit of a purple patch were the goals went in for him. I don't believe he is clinical enough to score enough goals at the top end of the Premier League. I have to qualify that with saying he doesn't get a lot of service from our midfield but a top centre forward needs to be able to convert half chances, DCL doesn't seem to have that ability. In close games he may only get one chance and he has to take it. Saturday was a prime example, though I am not blaming him for the defeat, at 2-0 down he had a chance to score and he missed. It is in those situations we need someone clinical. If we had a midfield that could get him 5 chances in every game then we would be fine, we don't have that by a country mile. Having said all that he is far from being our worst player.

Scored a good goal against Arsenal, then misses three better chances. If we had Aubameyang that day we win the match. We need better.

I am curious to see if the going in off his arse form does carry on.

Right place for the easy goals is to his credit right now, as much as I want to say he's crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.