2017/18 Davy Klaassen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'll settle in fine over the season and become even more effective next year (as will all of our new signings) His vision is superb and his intelliegence is there for anyone to see with his off the ball running and passes etc.

He was better on Thursday but they were not up to much as opposition, I'll give him 6 months to bed in before I judge him, we certainly have competition for places now in that midfield which is nice.

The jury is out for me. He's got some obvious qualities, but I'm afraid with his price tag he'll be seen as a nailed on starter and I think he has to earn that. Koeman has some challenges of his own making. He's brought in a bunch of players who basically like to occupy the same space.

There are very clearly situations where Davies is the better option.

The jury is out for me. He's got some obvious qualities, but I'm afraid with his price tag he'll be seen as a nailed on starter and I think he has to earn that. Koeman has some challenges of his own making. He's brought in a bunch of players who basically like to occupy the same space.

Starting with tomorrow and next week against Chelsea. Think our tactics will be to play a deep lying defence and for the midfield to press in front of them. Think we should start with a midfield 3 of Schneids, Gana and Tom with Klaassen coming in after the hour with fresh legs. I'd play Klaassen in midweek against split and possibly start with Besic too, or McCarthy if fit. With 3 hard away games in 6 days we need to give some of the midfield a rest.

Starting with tomorrow and next week against Chelsea. Think our tactics will be to play a deep lying defence and for the midfield to press in front of them. Think we should start with a midfield 3 of Schneids, Gana and Tom with Klaassen coming in after the hour with fresh legs. I'd play Klaassen in midweek against split and possibly start with Besic too, or McCarthy if fit. With 3 hard away games in 6 days we need to give some of the midfield a rest.

Read my mind. For City, we need Davies' legs and ability to cover ground and get into them. We're not going to have much of the ball, so a player like Davy is wasted. Agree he should play against Split, and bring Tom back in against Chelsea.

Spot on mate - Davies has been unfairly pushed out when for me Klasson needs time to adjust - currently games drift him by. To play him at City is suicide for him and us. Calvin Lewin up top with Rooney behind for me.

BIG game for our man Davy tonight.

After a very uncertain start to the season he was excellent in the first half against Split in the Europa League - though doubts do remain over the quality of opposition.

He'll barely have a harder match than this evening, so it's time for him to step up and show he is up to it at this level. As one of his biggest supporters (see thread sponsorship) I truly believe he can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.