2017/18 Davy Klaassen

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think there aren't numerous examples of players taking time to adapt to a new league and a new team. We've certainly had plenty ourselves. Throw in that we had three managers last season and it's perhaps not surprising that the only new signing that played even close to their potential was Pickford, and keeper is largely an individual position.

As I said with Sandro, all of the squad start with a blank slate imo, and with Sig at the World Cup, Klaasen will have a chance to show his stuff in training in the #10 role during pre-season.

the way he gets credited for rooneys goal v stoke kills me, he literally ran for a short cut accross rather than a cross he didnt have any idea where rooney was running, pointless trying to make something that isnt there

Did give a nice assist to DCL in Europe though. And almost a lovely goal end of the season.

the way he gets credited for rooneys goal v stoke kills me, he literally ran for a short cut accross rather than a cross he didnt have any idea where rooney was running, pointless trying to make something that isnt there

Hahaha hilarious isn’t it. He made the space laarrrr

Reactions: FTY
You would think there aren't numerous examples of players taking time to adapt to a new league and a new team. We've certainly had plenty ourselves. Throw in that we had three managers last season and it's perhaps not surprising that the only new signing that played even close to their potential was Pickford, and keeper is largely an individual position.

As I said with Sandro, all of the squad start with a blank slate imo, and with Sig at the World Cup, Klaasen will have a chance to show his stuff in training in the #10 role during pre-season.

But Klaassen isnt a number 10 and Silva normally doesnt play 1 anyway.

They're a bit more difficult to attract than winners of 'Best Ajax player born between February 5th-26th 1993' and 'Dutch Under 21 player bearing most resemblance to Steven Naismith' from your list though to be fair.

Ballon d'Or winners may well be. That's why we usually have to settle for lesser players.

But who knows, perhaps we could sign Messi or Ronaldo in, say, five years' time.

Did give a nice assist to DCL in Europe though. And almost a lovely goal end of the season.

...I think the best thing he did was a pass to Rooney at the Park End right on half-time in a European game but Rooney missed the one-on-one with the keeper. It was a first time ball of real quality and vision. He provided an assist for DCL with a decent pass but one you would expect him to provide.

Absolutely cackling at the Instagram story Everton put up marking the anniversary of Davy and Pickford signing. They had a video clip of each in action. Pickford launching a fantastic 65-yard outlet pass in a game, and Davy having a kickabout in training.

Status
Not open for further replies.