2017/18 Davy Klaassen

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest skippy, if Brands doesnt know EVERYTHING about our players, is he even a scout.

Its like saying you cant watch a film without watching it being made or something.

But im sure they are 50/50 on some players, im sure a few will be given a chance based on how they have performed in the past.

Clean slate. Fresh start. It's one thing to read the statistics, another to get inside their psyche when they put them through their paces. They'll want to build a team with whats infront of them, not at whats come before.

Its a bit different than watching them from afar. Ok Bolasie, but why sow seeds of discontent before you’ve even got them back from hols? Unless they’ve got an exit deal in place ala Rooney you gotta give them a run - see where their heads are at.
I'm with Goat on this one. I'm sure they've seen them enough.

But to me, what they do want to have is some direct conversation and see where there heads are at. See if they can understand what their roles would be in a new system. See if they are willing to be on the bench.

So Klaassen is obviously someone Brands has seen first hand quite a bit. Outside of the few Everton appearances. He at least has a positive attitude and may get a chance if Brands still thinks he has quality.

Davy Klaaasen

Individual awards

Ajax
Everton
  • Can't get in the team!
All three of them managers saw Klassen every day of training yet would not pick him. And we have people on here who have seen him on youtube for about half an hour saying he needs a chance. He has had chances and gets to showcase his ability on a daily basis to the managers.

Something is not right here! Is he not good enough for us, or are we not good enough for him?

I can't say our three managers' showed any great skill in picking players last season.

Go back to the Limassol match. Lookman, who is a Premiership player looked a cut above. Klaassen did not.

Look at every Premier outing he’s had - okay at best. There really isn’t anything to hang your hat on and say ‘that’s why we need him.’

The whole argument seems to be based on him performing well in a league where Chelsea send 17 year olds for experience.

But he was the captain of the runners up in the Europa! Yeah, the captain of the winning team from that year isn’t good enough to hold down a place in the starting 11 either.

Go back to the Limassol match. Lookman, who is a Premiership player looked a cut above. Klaassen did not.

Look at every Premier outing he’s had - okay at best. There really isn’t anything to hang your hat on and say ‘that’s why we need him.’

The whole argument seems to be based on him performing well in a league where Chelsea send 17 year olds for experience.

But he was the captain of the runners up in the Europa! Yeah, the captain of the winning team from that year isn’t good enough to hold down a place in the starting 11 either.

From what I saw in the Europa League Final, the game just completely passed him by, that should`ve set the alarm bells ringing or at least should`ve made Koeman / Walsh take a step back.

Davy Klaaasen

Individual awards

Ajax
Everton
  • Can't get in the team!

Something is not right here! Is he not good enough for us, or are we not good enough for him?

I can't say our three managers' showed any great skill in picking players last season.

Maybe the Dutch league is absolutely gash and it’s the equivalent of the Scottish 2nd division and he’s doesn have the skill set to handle a fast and better quality of player

Davy Klaaasen

Individual awards

Ajax
Everton
  • Can't get in the team!

Is this a wind up?! Not exactly the ballon d'or is it?

the way he gets credited for rooneys goal v stoke kills me, he literally ran for a short cut accross rather than a cross he didnt have any idea where rooney was running, pointless trying to make something that isnt there

It is impossible to keep all players happy in an inflated squad. Hard decisions have to be made and this will probably include letting go of players they are undecided about. They will also want to bring some players in as well.

I am not sure that Silva and Brands would have come to Everton unless some transfer funds were available, it would be professional suicide for them with the unbalanced squad that we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.