Homepage Update: Davy Klaassen Wants Everton Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
GrandOldTeam submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Davy Klaassen Wants Everton Stay
klaassen-1024x461.jpg

Davy Klaassen wants to remain at Everton.

The £23.6m summer signing had been frozen out under Sam Allardyce, and the caretaker manager David Unsworth before him, having made three Premier League starts since his arrival from Ajax.

However, with significant changes at Goodison Park this summer - the 25-year-old is determined to force his way into the Everton team.

Speaking to AD in the Netherlands and as reported by Sport Witness, the player’s agent, Søren Lerby, insisted: Klaassen wasn’t ready to walk away from Everton just yet.

“Davy is not someone who gives up quickly. He wants to start the preseason at Everton.”​

We can only hope that our new D of F can sort things out one way or the other.
Win win scenario really.

Good, he deserves a chance and I still maintain he wasn't given anywhere close to a fair one last season. If the new manager doesn't rate him then I'll finally be willing to accept that perhaps he's just not very good at least never going to be a good fit here. However, I refuse to throw a player on the scrapheap when he only played half a dozen times all season and didn't tickle the fancy of a glorified youth coach in Unsworth and a career relegation battler in Allardyce. Get a manager with a clear style will set a team up to win with flair and positivity and see what he's like.

In plain English, he knows there’s not a club on the planet that will pay him what we do, so he’ll play the game so we subsidise his next contract & pay his loyalty bonus.

Koeman’s mess will be expensive to fix. Williams, Mirallas, Bolasie & Klaasen will be costly to move on.

I want to see Davy stay and be successful, even if only to hear a "Davy, Day-vy Klaassen" song to the tune of "The Ballad of Davy Crockett"

Oh, but he'll have to learn to run with the ball some, or at least turn forward before he passes the ball like it's a hot potato
If we have plenty of midfield runners that style of play can easily take opposition layers out of the game.

Let's see what style of football the new guys want to play and see whether he fits into it.

If we have plenty of midfield runners that style of play can easily take opposition layers out of the game.

Let's see what style of football the new guys want to play and see whether he fits into it.

Agreed on the latter.

On the former, Schneiderlin doesn't like to run, Gana can run but can't pass, Davies gets caught in tight spaces too often (give him time), McCarthy is out for at least half the season, Besic appears to be off (but I would so much like to see him snap someone in half, preferably a derby, one last time), Dowell hasn't played at this level (nor has Williams... is Walsh still around?), and Rooney (*sigh*)...

Did I miss anyone? Oh, Sigurdsson. He'll be ok given the system fits, and given that he's the most talented of the lot the system should, hopefully, be fit around him (unless Brands dumps him out of the club). So in my mind, we've definitely got issues in midfield when holding onto, and distrubuting, the ball is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.