Davy Klaassen Praised

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
GrandOldTeam submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Davy Klaassen Praised
davy-1024x461.jpg

David Unsworth has praised Davy Klaassen's performance after turning out for Everton’s under-23s in their 2-0 victory over Swansea.

The £23.6m summer signing from Ajax has been frozen out at Everton with his last appearance for Everton back in December’s Europa League dead-rubber with Apollon Limassol but hasn’t featured in the league since October.

Unsworth: "I thought he was okay.

"I thought he worked really, really hard, I thought he was honest in his performance.

"He was talking to the young players and he hasn’t played for a long, long time so for him to get 70 minutes under his belt, he was delighted.

"He’s a wonderful professional and we’re delighted to have him with us and he’ll get better.

"He needs to play games, his attitude was great and he showed one or two nice touches."

Unsworth's overtones he does see something in him but it isn't first team quality just yet. That is my take any way. He needs more opportunities in u23's to turn his perception around with the coaching staff and avid fan.

I think that was Unsworth being kind and not trying to break the lads confidence any more.

He was neat and tidy.....but so are the likes of Conor Grant, Joe Williams, Harry Charsley etc.

Perhaps it's because he hasn't played for months but I'd still like to see a lot more than what was on view last night. It certainly wasn't a 23.5m players performance that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.