David Moyes

Hello and I appreciate being allowed on to your site.

I have a question. Apologies if others have asked before. But after a while, did you get tired of Moyes' tactics, stubborn-ness and the standard of football under him ?

You'll be aware of the divide it's causing amongst us West Ham fans. True, he won us a trophy but with the exception of Fiorentina in the final, in which we were very lucky, the standard of opposition was average at best.

My own view is that he's sucking the life out of us. As for the 'be careful what you wish for' and 'safe pair of hands' spouted out by his mates in the media, I don't buy into it.

Thanks in advance and good luck for the rest of the season.
Just won your first trophy in a generation, you’re now in the top 6 having sold your best player. What exactly do you think West Ham should be achieving. Not top 4 for sure. Yes he’s a safe pair of hands, but could you honestly do better with someone else at the helm? You could certainly do a lot worse!

I think he did as much as he could in the league, at least at Goodison.

Europe though was disappointing here given that Fulham and Middlesbrough made UEFA Cup finals in that period. The one season we competed we lost on pens to Fiorentina who were then beaten by Rangers who made the final.

League Cup - one semi final in his 11 years and well beaten in that. Birmingham, Swansea and Middlesbrough won it in that period.

FA Cup - made the one final but several other missed opportunities and several exits to lower league opposition. Losing at home to a weakened Wigan team in the quarters who then went onto win it a notable missed opportunity. Moyes was a minute away from losing to a national league north team last season in the FA Cup.

Do people still believe it was Moyes’ defeatist attitude that stopped us winning away at the top 6?
Then how come we haven’t done it with fans in the ground in about 70+ attempts since?

(Yes we did it once against Moyes!)

Did Moyes not play a part in restricting the clubs mentality though away from home? Crystal Palace have won at all those grounds since they got promoted, some multiple times, despite being bottom half every season. We regularly beat at least a couple of the big boys at Goodison each season.

Everton were heading down when he took over though and so were West Ham. He's a good team builder and good in the transfer market. Tactically he's one dimensional and restrictive.

Moyes has flaws, so does every manager, but he is one of the absolute best at turning £ into points.

What people seem to want is a manager who outperforms his budget almost every year AND can also beat teams with 4x his playing budget. All whilst playing with a swagger.

You have to ask if that is a reasonable demand.

Is there anyone who has ever done that? We had Carlo Ancelotti, James Rodriguez, and £300m of squad investment and finished with below Moyes' average points tally in his last 5 seasons here. What he does is not easy.

Did Moyes not play a part in restricting the clubs mentality though away from home? Crystal Palace have won at all those grounds since they got promoted, some multiple times, despite being bottom half every season. We regularly beat at least a couple of the big boys at Goodison each season.

Everton were heading down when he took over though and so were West Ham. He's a good team builder and good in the transfer market. Tactically he's one dimensional and restrictive.

Hard to blame Moyes for umpteen managers afterwards failing to win games. Besides, we were awful before Moyes too.

He suited the chairman’s mentality of low expectations and anything beyond that was a bonus that inevitably time and again failed to be capitalised on because the infrastructure is not set up to be a trophy winning/regular champions league competing football club.

It’s why he was revered by some because the expectations were not high and so to achieve anything like European football or finishing 5th or 6th was elevated to be more than it was in the overall grand scheme of things.

Whilst some look back fondly , in my opinion the combination of him and Bill Kenwright has played a part in influencing a large group of supporters in their way of thinking and longer term did the club more harm than good.

Little clip on the overlap with Rooney pretty much confirming what most think about Moyes at Utd, there were senior players there that pretty much made it impossible to succeed and just showed a basic lack of respect. Having heard rio ferdinand chat on the topic you can tell he was likely a ringleader in this.

Not saying Moyes had it in him to be Utd manager at the time, but there was certainly some really poor responses from so called pros.

Hello and I appreciate being allowed on to your site.

I have a question. Apologies if others have asked before. But after a while, did you get tired of Moyes' tactics, stubborn-ness and the standard of football under him ?

You'll be aware of the divide it's causing amongst us West Ham fans. True, he won us a trophy but with the exception of Fiorentina in the final, in which we were very lucky, the standard of opposition was average at best.

My own view is that he's sucking the life out of us. As for the 'be careful what you wish for' and 'safe pair of hands' spouted out by his mates in the media, I don't buy into it.

Thanks in advance and good luck for the rest of the season.
You have sacked him once before - & took him back ?

I think he did as much as he could in the league, at least at Goodison.

Europe though was disappointing here given that Fulham and Middlesbrough made UEFA Cup finals in that period. The one season we competed we lost on pens to Fiorentina who were then beaten by Rangers who made the final.

League Cup - one semi final in his 11 years and well beaten in that. Birmingham, Swansea and Middlesbrough won it in that period.

FA Cup - made the one final but several other missed opportunities and several exits to lower league opposition. Losing at home to a weakened Wigan team in the quarters who then went onto win it a notable missed opportunity. Moyes was a minute away from losing to a national league north team last season in the FA Cup.
To be fair, zenit st petersburg beat rangers 2-0 in the final (in manchester) and we'd beat zenit in the group stages where we were undefeated. Amongst other kryptonites - penalties seems rather deadly to our chances.
As for the FA cup final, take Drogba, Lampard and terry out of their side and see how they get on.