David Moyes sacked - What if...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on.

We had finished in the top half of the season once in the decade prior to him coming in and survived relegation on the last day of the season twice in the last few years.
Walter was a terribly negative manager who should never have been appointed and was Johnson's worst mistake.

We were not as bad a situation, when Moyes took over, as people beleive.

At THAT point we were MASSIVELY under-acheiving. So Moyes comes in and makes us do better.....HAILED AS MASSIVE SUCCESSS.

Anyone see the the problem in that last line ????

Right their is were the Moyes expectation train started its journey!

Notwithstanding what happened afterwards,Moyes kept us up when he was first appointed, there's no doubt in my mind. I remember seeing us fail to beat a really poor Leeds United side who played for most of the game with ten men and thinking, "we're going down." Do you remember the horror at Boro, Walter's last game, when we were humiliated on national TV by a bad Boro team? I think we scored three goals in Smith's last ten games in charge.

No matter what happened afterwards, Moyes deserves our thanks for saving us from relegation.

As is said above he was ideal at the time and gave us our respect back in terms of getting us challenging in the top half of the league. Yes he stayed a bit too long but like comfy slippers we got used to him and got used to us so we didn't change. He will do a great job at a club like Newcastle and turn them into the old us that hopefully RM has made us leave behind with his brand of sexy football.

Notwithstanding what happened afterwards,Moyes kept us up when he was first appointed, there's no doubt in my mind. I remember seeing us fail to beat a really poor Leeds United side who played for most of the game with ten men and thinking, "we're going down." Do you remember the horror at Boro, Walter's last game, when we were humiliated on national TV by a bad Boro team? I think we scored three goals in Smith's last ten games in charge.

No matter what happened afterwards, Moyes deserves our thanks for saving us from relegation.

Yes he does, but he does not deserve the over-blown 'Open top bus parade' type talk.

Its just the same as when Redknapp took over Spurs, they were in tye bottom 3....MASSIVELY under-acheiving.....as the season earlier they finished 5th......and He was hailed as a miricle worker.

Moyes gave us stability, we should thank him for that, but that is all he did.

So why is Kendal & Walker not hailed as hero's for keeping us up on the last day of the seaosn ???

Keeping Everton in the league is not a miricle.

Like I said, that was us under-acheiving.

So if finishing 4th-8th on our budget is not an achievement why doesn't any other team do it?

what if moyes didnt have a player like wayne rooney at the club when he arrived??? without selling him he would not have been able to build his own team

Just the feeling of doing the double over moyes and his last game before his sacking was against us makes me totally forget him now and the bitterness as gone...his reputation is in pieces

Yes he does, but he does not deserve the over-blown 'Open top bus parade' type talk.

Its just the same as when Redknapp took over Spurs, they were in tye bottom 3....MASSIVELY under-acheiving.....as the season earlier they finished 5th......and He was hailed as a miricle worker.

Moyes gave us stability, we should thank him for that, but that is all he did.

Had Everton finished 5th the previous year then it would be the same.

Last 10 seasons before Moyes:
13th, 17th, 15th, 6th, 15th, 17th, 14th, 13th, 16th, 15th (coming up from 18th when he was appointed)

Then
7th, 17th, 4th, 11th, 6th, 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th, 7th, 6th

So of the previous 21 seasons 9 of the best 10 were under Moyes.

Heck lets go back to 1970 which is now 44 years ago:
We've finished in the top 8 of the league 23 times in 44 years. Of those 23 times 9 were under Moyes.

What if...

He never got pally with Whiskey Nose, didn't get the job at United, never left Everton. For 30 years.

7th for 30 years, taking knives to gun fights.

S A F liberated Everton. Should build a statue to him!

Moyes will do well at Newcastle; slightly less well at Spurs where they expect (but don't always get) a certain standard of footy. I don't like gloating over someone else's failure but most of us knew it was going to end this way.

13th, 17th, 15th, 6th, 15th, 17th, 14th, 13th, 16th, 15th (coming up from 18th when he was appointed)

Then

We've finished in the top 8 of the league 23 times in 44 years. Of those 23 times 9 were under Moyes.
Tell me you are joking including the holy trinity champs plus kendals all conquering outfit with Moyes average 7th ... please tell me you're just on a wind up.

Bill was very happy to be saved from relegation and then occupy a mid table slot for years. Bill would have been happy to continue like that for the next decade. Our EX was also happy that he had Bill feeling ever so grateful and was in his pocket. Our stagnation would have continued ad infinitum.

Then

So now your using these stats to say Moyes was the best manager we ever had ??

I would swap EVERY top 7 finish under Moyes, for 1 FA cup win.

This club celebrate silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.