David Moyes hangover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes believed in himself, no matter how much his detractors hate him. Based on this claim every manager since Catterick should have resigned after a derby defeat although if you recall the other lot got away with their bag load of cheating manoeuvres in that game. That side HE had built was a good team so why should he have resigned after that game. He believed, probably mistakenly, that he was close to achieving his personal goal. Clubs like United don't come knocking for underperforming managers as Moyes has been depicted by many on this site. I wasn't disappointed when he left and wished him well as did many fans at his last home game. Some snides will say he was found out at United, while they didn't allow him to splash the cash his lack of subtly was exposed. But why do people see the need to continually snipe at the lad is beyond me, it's snide like. David Moyes is of no consequence to EFC let the fellow go after all he did bring stability back to a rapidly sinking ship and I thank him for that.
Because he snided Everton immediately after leaving.

Just to be pedantic you used a double negative and should have said that "Defeatists play to lose " but that was not what I said or meant ,I tried to explain his mindset according to Osman in that he was happy not to lose .Compare that to Carlo when we won last week he wasn't happy with the team ,different mindset ,one a winner and the other not .
Dear me you are not being pedantic just inaccurate in an attempt to deflect from the nonsense you have written. Moyes was never the best manager in the world, obvious fact, but after Walter Smith he saved this club from disaster. If you wish to exemplify the derogatory kopite term of bitter blues do so but your bitterness detracts from those of us who realise that he is now long gone and of no consequence to this club in any way. Hate away pal, genuine supporters have long moved on

Dear lord. Moyes overstayed his welcome by about 3 years.

He took us far as he could. Best of the rest and never EVER going to win anything. He simply is not brave enough to be a winner. He's completely forgotten what made him successful too.

I wouldn't say he overstayed his welcome. It was a situation that worked for us because with the finances available at the time we weren't realistically going any higher than where we were. He took us as far as he could because that was our limit.

He could have found a way back. But i think even the most ardent of Moyes' fans agree his time should have been done, and he should have resigned on the spot for losing that Semi to Liverpool.
Why? Because Distin gave a dodgy back pass that Suarez was never going to miss and Andy Carroll scored a last minute winner, off a free kick that if I recall wasn’t even a foul, we had Pienaar out that day as well and to play Magay Gueye ffs.

Dear me you are not being pedantic just inaccurate in an attempt to deflect from the nonsense you have written. Moyes was never the best manager in the world, obvious fact, but after Walter Smith he saved this club from disaster. If you wish to exemplify the derogatory kopite term of bitter blues do so but your bitterness detracts from those of us who realise that he is now long gone and of no consequence to this club in any way. Hate away pal, genuine supporters have long moved on

I prefer to use the term he steered us away from and avoided disaster, just like Walter Smith did at one point, Mike Walker too, Sam Allardyce even and Carlo now.
Moyes was a decent man and a decent manager, who used a long term period to provide stability and was able to utilise good scouts and recruit to a good degree but I think a few other managers could have done an equal job. Good luck to him at West Ham, the fans will be less forgiving at supportive in East London.

He did well for us no doubt, we were in bad shape after Smith, but as others have said he should have left when we lost that Semi to Liverpool.

His behaviour towards the end of his time with us has soured any goodwill I have towards him.

The end of tenure and how the move was orchestrated behind the club’s back and the over top finale at his final home game tainted his respect shown by fans. That was unforgivable. However what wasn’t was his 4th place finish, losing narrowly in the FA cup final without the spine of our team missing: Jagielka, Arteta and The Yak. Funnily enough the UEFA cup run of 2007/8 when we saw some great european nights home and away culminating in a heartbreaking defeat on penalties to Fiorentina being another fond memory. Moyes did a lot right, but many rightly or wrongly remember the end of his tenure here as his defining moment.

By the way, I'm not for one second saying I wanted Moyes back! He did a good job for the club at the time, with the financial situation we were in. Just an idle thought and wondered what others thought. I certainly don't think he would've wasted the money on some of those players though!

I agree entirely with you mate. Time has moved on though. Delighted we have Carlo in charge now. Wish Moyes well , as long as it's not at our expense.

Moyes was the 3rd longest serving prem manager before leaving us. Is it not reasonable to think that like Man utd and Arsenal, the wheels have come off a bit because of this lack of stability/ change of ethos etc in the dressing room? And then massive changes in the boardroom too? None of it seems to have been handled well but shouldn't we have expected this a bit? And how differently would it have gone if Moyes had still been in charge when Mosh took over and he'd had all that money to spend?
Moyes was long gone when Moshiri came in. But both Moyes and Martinez would've spent the money given to Koeman/Walsh on better players. I'll say Koeman is up there with our worse managers of all time solely for the mess he left us in.

I genuinely support Everton not Moyes.The bitter comments I will treat with the disdain they deserve .As for a genuine supporter ,who are you to judge me ? Moyes held us back and that is fact ,yes he made us believe he was moving heaven and earth but he was found out once he left .Have a nice day .

Doesn't matter because apprently West ham is his "home" done well for us but was time to part ways. Will always get worse before it gets better. He was unlucky at United because nobody was going to replicate Ferguson's success

Status
Not open for further replies.