Transfer Rumour Danny Welbeck

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Merseysiders are also thought to be willing to offer him an increase on his current £100,000-a-week salary, assuming no issues arise on what is likely to be a rigorous medical, given his lengthy injury history.

Increase, methinks not. Get myself two Glen Murray’s for that.

"IF" he could sustain a period of being injury free then I can understand why he would fit in. Very good athlete, works the back 4, and could give us depth in a position where we only have one functional striker in the system we play..

Tosun and niasse can't play for us... quite simply they can't do the role DCL does but at the same time we can't depend on DCL as he has some development.

If we bought Wellbeck, sold the bother 2 and bought in a main striker option then I'm all for it.

No.

Nov 13, 2011
In other news, Danny Welbeck is a complate fruad of a footballer and I hate him beyond rational thinking, everytime he plays I want to see him break his leg.
Weird the way some players make me feel like that, see Barton, Joey as an example.

I havent been a fan for a long time.
giphy.gif

I think it’s a player would could take a ‘punt’ on but I would say only AFTER the massive clear out that we need. There would be no point signing him and possibly being stuck with an injury prone player taking up more wages if we can’t move on a load of players first to free up money for wages.

"IF" he could sustain a period of being injury free then I can understand why he would fit in. Very good athlete, works the back 4, and could give us depth in a position where we only have one functional striker in the system we play..
He’s 29 this year and hasn’t had an injury free season since he was a prospect.

There’s no ‘IF’ about it.
He’s a perennial crock. And not a very good player when he’s fit either.

Tosun may be poor, but I’d have him over Welbeck any day of the week.
He’s that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.