Transfer Rumour Danny Welbeck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I'm going to say this but if we get Kean, maybe just maybe Welbeck would add that bit of experience.

On second thoughts, he'd be on massive wages and is perma crocked. Oh well, I need to stop worrying about the forward options and let's see what happens i suppose.

He's [Poor language removed] and on a massive wage. Injured all the time as well. Swerve him please.

But surely we'll offer a lower wage in line with his very few appearances recently and that he needs to prove himself? He surely has to accept lower wages because of this? If I were him I'd fight for an incentivised - performance related deal - does well for one season, gets a pay rise, does well again - gets more...do they ever do that?

I wouldn't mind 10 goals, 15 appearances, IF he can stay fit for that long - but that's a big IF
Walcott and Welbeck at the front would be weird.

But surely we'll offer a lower wage in line with his very few appearances recently and that he needs to prove himself? He surely has to accept lower wages because of this? If I were him I'd fight for an incentivised - performance related deal - does well for one season, gets a pay rise, does well again - gets more...do they ever do that?

I wouldn't mind 10 goals, 15 appearances, IF he can stay fit for that long - but that's a big IF

On the other hand, if we are getting Delph and Welbeck in the same window, then it's a bit of a worrying sign considering that our transfer policy was supposed to be younger players and talent / potential

On the other hand, if we are getting Delph and Welbeck in the same window, then it's a bit of a worrying sign considering that our transfer policy was supposed to be younger players and talent / potential
But if we’re giving an overall transfer layout of 8.5 million for them to add experience into a relatively inexperienced squad I’m not entirely against it, especially considering by all accounts both Welbeck and Delph are very good influences on the dressing room. Also it’s worth noting that we do need more squad depth

But if we’re giving an overall transfer layout of 8.5 million for them to add experience into a relatively inexperienced squad I’m not entirely against it, especially considering by all accounts both Welbeck and Delph are very good influences on the dressing room. Also it’s worth noting that we do need more squad depth
So ,in essence your proposing to pay a footballers wage to a glorified motivational coach, who may as a bonus manage to be fit enough to make a couple of league cup tie appearances per season?
Hmmmmmm.
Glad your not in control of our finances.

Danny Welbeck hasn't ever scored at that kind of rate.

He's scored 44 in 214 games, an average of (nearly) 1 goal every 5 games.

No chance is he ever getting over 1 in 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.