Danny Cadamarteri Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.

daza_1973

Player Valuation: £60m
I know I'm clutching at straws, but didn't the famous Danny Cadamarteri derby win in 1997 come on the back of a severe low point (in my time as a supporter anyway) - i.e losing 4-1 away to coventry and a super charged John Salako :oops: - in the league cup and howard bollocking the team in the centre circle after the final whistle.
Everybody said after that game he's lost the dressing room / players don't give a sh*t etc, etc......Remind you of the events this week?

Lets hope history repeats itself - COYBB

I know I'm clutching at straws, but didn't the famous Danny Cadamarteri derby win in 1997 come on the back of a severe low point (in my time as a supporter anyway) - i.e losing 4-1 away to coventry and a super charged John Salako :oops: - in the league cup and howard bollocking the team in the centre circle after the final whistle.
Everybody said after that game he's lost the dressing room / players don't give a sh*t etc, etc......Remind you of the events this week?

Lets hope history repeats itself - COYBB

I saw this earlier but could not respond so let's try again.

Time to move on from todays setback, but going back to when we did beat todays 'crap' and Kendall had rejoined back from Sheffield United, and I remember this game like yesterday, still have it on tape somewhere along with other games from the 1997/98 season.

Ruddock put one in his own net, and then Danny left some RS defender, Kvarme I think it was on his ass late in the game and we won 2-0, no-one knew just how important those three points would turn out to be by the end of season.

Remember starting with a home defeat against newly promoted Crystal Palace at Goodison, and it was pretty lousy from thereafter. Got beat 4-1 at the old Highfield Road stadium in the league cup on a cold windy night, and I think it was the next fixture we beat that shower in the derby game.

The start of that season was similar in mediocrity to this one, but we did win the derby, Liverpool did not have too bad a side then, this was around the time they beat Celtic over two legs on away goals in the uefa cup.

I'm sure in our next game after beating the RS, we went back to Coventry, and took home a point in a goalless draw, strange.

That was the one where an ageing Southall and Steve Ogrizovic both played blinders in the twilight of their careers.

Have to mention Cadamarteri again, as I remember being at Leicester after that in the fog, and he was involved, won a dubious penalty which Speed scored an equally poor penalty in the last minute to give Everton their first away win in a whole calendar year.

Everybody knows what happened on the final day, Cadamarteri had cut his dreadlocks off for that, went down for a penalty, Barmby missed, some Coventry player scored in the last minute, some thought that was it, a point would not be enough and the club had just been relegated.

The moment that goal went in, and I looked around me, the faces on our supporters will live with me forever.

Never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.