Daire Flanagan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woolly Blue

Player Valuation: £80m
From http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/03/11/seamus-donates-to-daires-dream

Seamus Coleman has donated £5,000 to a campaign aiming to help a miraculous young Evertonian get to Goodison Park next season.

Earlier this week, the name of Daire Flanagan appeared on social media as his story was shared by hundreds of football fans.

Daire was born with a rare genetic condition known as Apert Syndrome. Doctors said he wouldn't survive 48 hours, but is now a thriving, happy six-year-old boy who loves the Blues.

Due to Daire's condition, overseas transport poses an obstacle, with flying only possible via Air Ambulance.

And, after hearing of the campaign started to help fund a dream visit to an Everton home match, the Club responded to back the efforts and offer Daire VIP treatment.

Republic of Ireland international Coleman has now helped move Daire closer to his dream by adding £5,000 of his own money to the near £1,000 already raised.

In a message to the person behind the charitable efforts, Coleman wrote: "I read Daire's story online and would love to help get him his trip to Goodison next season. I hope that [my donation] can help get Daire and his family a safe trip to Liverpool. Looking forward to seeing you at a game next season."

b7cb8bb85aea409e9467ac19815393ef.png

To find out more about the campaign for Daire or to donate, click here. Any funds raised above those required will go to Mencap, a UK charity working with those with learning disabilities

Well in Seamus, and I see from google that other Everton forums are involved too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.