2018/19 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
He completely stunted the progress of Kenny, that was his biggest offense for me

I remember the thread when we signed him of people saying that Kenny would get his chance and that "If he's good enough for Koeman then he's good enough for me", well Kenny didn't get his chance and Koeman was shown to be a clueless moon faced tit

Yes, it wasn't technically his fault, but he shipped out of tackles all the time and didn't even seem to try and improve upon him being incredibly one footed

He's a cautionary tale in my eyes to never just blindly follow the manager on every decision

The fact we kept playing him and not Kenny when he was stinking the joint up and Coleman was out injured still kind of infuriates me. That would have been a vital development opportunity to Kenny at a critical time in his young career and it got thrown away to accommodate this washed up never was

He completely stunted the progress of Kenny, that was his biggest offense for me

I remember the thread when we signed him of people saying that Kenny would get his chance and that "If he's good enough for Koeman then he's good enough for me", well Kenny didn't get his chance and Koeman was shown to be a clueless moon faced tit

Yes, it wasn't technically his fault, but he shipped out of tackles all the time and didn't even seem to try and improve upon him being incredibly one footed

He's a cautionary tale in my eyes to never just blindly follow the manager on every decision

The fact we kept playing him and not Kenny when he was stinking the joint up and Coleman was out injured still kind of infuriates me. That would have been a vital development opportunity to Kenny at a critical time in his young career and it got thrown away to accommodate this washed up never was

Mad that there’s people out there who will still throw the “but he was played out of position” line at you, completely forgetting about this period.

He had zero ability but at least had a go during that torrid season. I never felt he wasn’t trying, just that he was crap. There’s a lot of players on my hate list from that season before him who had far more talent but didn’t give even a minimum amount of effort.

Didn’t have a problem with us signing him, but had a problem that fat Dutch melt decided he was worth a 3 year deal

Unless a player has shown a bad attitude or stupidity (Mirallas, Gibson etc..), I don’t like to hear players being slagged off. As far as I saw, CM always put a shift in & did his best.

Why he was ever signed is the question that should be asked. 3rd choice at Southampton wasn’t he? Championship standard player. Some of Koeman’s signings are very difficult to explain. He was either on Space Cake or on the take..

Why he was ever signed is the question that should be asked. 3rd choice at Southampton wasn’t he? Championship standard player. Some of Koeman’s signings are very difficult to explain. He was either on Space Cake or on the take..

Jobs for the Boys basically

Same reason Alcaraz got a pay day under Martinez

Silva doesn't appear to have done that yet thankfully (Could just be that his "boys" aren't crap I guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.