Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very disappointed result but it was pleasing to see us completely dominate a side away from home, the only chance they had came in the first minute, we totally shut them out after that and dominated for the rest of the game.

This puts to bed any argument about the need to buy a striker in the summer. DcL passed up numerous good chances today and despite Palace being forced to play Kelly at centre back, he troubled them nowhere near as much as he should have.

If ever there was a game to showcase how much we need to buy a striker this summer... Thought we were brilliant in every area with the exception of our number 9.

Yep, our play in the final 3rd was a joke, Silva again really should have changed our earlier, the pattern was set from the first ten mins. But that's been us for the last five years. The only time we had a proper scorer, we had nobody to score with him and it was wasted.

We had 21 shots, we had 23 v arsenal... 1 goal. They didn't have a shot on target today, same as United didn't until the 87th min, so at least Silva is getting us solid in that regard. But our play in the final 3rd was pathetic.

That game was about 80 mins long with all the treatment and the arsing around with the ball in the wind but Mason is so unfit he just wants to get off the pitch.
Noticed the same thing. Benteke alone was down for 3 minutes so how can only 3 be added? It really is time to stop the clock on long stoppages and stop acting like added evens it out.

....thought we were much better than them. We have quality but we really need ‘brilliance’ in the top third. Brilliance will be my word in the summer window.

I’ll go for Schneiderlin again as MoM. We might lose creativity without Gomes but we look solid with Schneiderlin. I wouldn’t trust the fella, but he’s been MoM the last two games.

They were bog average, as were we. That is where we are.
I’m not one to wax (nor wane) o’er lyrical...and I am certain many of you here on our esteemed forum will attest to that actuality.... but I’ve had a wonderful early Sunday morning sharing conversational perambulation with you. You are all a great bunch of lads and I enjoy your company .
As I said to this forum’s boss (Dan, is it?), I am often guilty of ‘wandering off the reservation’...I hope you forgive my more than occasional trespass

Nice to see chances created and Zaha deactivated, but a goal or two would've been marvy.

Status
Not open for further replies.