Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a fan of Calvert-Lewin and everything he brings to our game, as he has shown recently, but his first effort on goal was so tame - very poor.

If we want to progress towards the top six then we need to be regularly taking chances like that; that's not just with regards to DCL but the whole of the front free.
I'm an even bigger fan of all the things he DOESN'T bring to our game, and I'd like to see them at Everton.

Agreed - we have to spend big this summer and fill that position. DCL will benefit from it coming in late in games etc...
Or simply adding another string to our bow depending on our opponents. In some games, it's much easier to generate chances and you'll get lots of opportunities.

In these cases you need someone to simply bang them in, whereas against some opposition DCL's effort and how he generates play is more beneficial.

This is a game where someone like Lukaku would have absolutely thrived as they would have been put on a plate for him to finish, just like he clearly does his food.

Status
Not open for further replies.