Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boss little gesture by the club this.
FB_IMG_1556359488870.jpg

Today's result and performance in some ways more important than the recent wins against top six sides to show if we have improved under Silva.

Very interesting to see if Lookman plays today. If he doesn’t he’s surely played his last game for us as Silva would be putting a square peg into right mid instead of him.

Today's result and performance in some ways more important than the recent wins against top six sides to show if we have improved under Silva.
I agree.

Said yesterday our performances against the top 6 teams this season have been good on the whole, apart from the Spurs drubbing. It's these type of games that have let us down. And I'm talking performances, not necessarily results.

Both teams like to play on the counter, so it should be interesting. We need to start with the same impetus we had against West Ham, United and Arsenal. If we do we'll win. I'm guessing we possibly went out against Fulham with the wrong attitude and I'm hoping the players will have learnt from that.

I’ve seen this said before Fulham as well. I think it’s easier to fix the problem of losing to lower teams than solving the inability to beat top teams, which had become maybe a bit of a mental barrier for us. Regardless of today’s result I see progress, especially in the last few weeks.

Would be nice to see us properly demonstrate our superiority to this level of side as we did at West Ham. Players like Zaha and AWB will often make the game awkward though, as they did to great effect at Goodison. Zaha got them a pen from Coleman and AWB kept our left hand side quiet for most of the game, which would be a real ballache today if Richarlison's out. I expect more of the same from them today and just hope those two have an off day as when they do, Palace look little better than your Cardiffs and Brightons.

Status
Not open for further replies.