Homepage Article Cowards In The Rafters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilmartin

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
The pendulum has swung. I’ve been upfront on my opinion regarding the manager for some time; not good enough. There’s been plenty of back and forth amongst supporters recently but Norwich appears to have signalled the point of no return.

Any remaining staunch supporters will be forced underground, afraid to peep over the clouds of anger. It wasn’t long ago those who wanted Silva out felt the same, reluctant to voice their concerns as the snipers were waiting – it’s a project, he needs more time and let’s show some patience etc etc. That’s the polarity of opinion and part of the twisted beauty of supporting Everton.

What's the consensus then?Posted by Everton FC – Grandoldteam on Saturday, 23 November 2019

My intention isn’t to criticise the manager, he’s had plenty of that recently. However, it appears he’s staying in the driver seat for the...

Continue reading...

Excellent article. Blue Bill's meddling has been done to death on other threads. What of the role of DBB in this? Does the CEO have input into footballing matters, one would assume she probably has, at least to some degree. And given her tenure at the club, she is likely one of Kenright's circle. And we have an owner who has form for ringing into radio/tv shows to discuss recruitment plans.. hardly ideal if you are Marcel Brands trying to build a coherent wider player conveyor belt type strategy.
Agreed with the closing section of the article that the position of Marcel Brands might be vulnerable if a Moyes or equivalent old school manager is brought in next. Let the man do his job free of interference. If he is allowed to and it flourishes, well and good. If not, then hold him to account in 12 or 18 months time when we are back to this point.
But please, keep Kenright's influence in particular out of what happens next.

Read the first two paragraphs and Im bewildered.

'Forced underground' yeah ok mate...
I went a bit further, but am still bewildered too. Too many contradictions for my liking and the agenda is not very well hidden. One minute saying the board needs to stand up and take action, the next saying Brands should make the decisions, not the board.

If you want Silva gone, just say you want Silva gone.

I went a bit further, but am still bewildered too. Too many contradictions for my liking and the agenda is not very well hidden. One minute saying the board needs to stand up and take action, the next saying Brands should make the decisions, not the board.

If you want Silva gone, just say you want Silva gone.

I didnt even get that far...

I mean the beginning is basically saying I am hiding rather than posting...

Which im clearly not.

Quite agree that Brands has to decide when to pull the plug and who replaces Marco. The others should simply provide a budget.

If we did get someone like Moyes in I'm fairly sure Brands will walk and that would be the saddest episode of this whole dysfunctional soap opera. You can see how he looks after the players and we need some continuity. To lose one DoF can be seen as a blip, to lose two will show we are an absolute basket case of a club.

For what it's worth Brands and Marco have been dealt a bad hand, with Zouma presumably hedging his bets until the last moment, Gana wanting out and his replacement getting crocked so quickly doesn't help. Gomes was a freak accident and suddenly things look threadbare, but there are reasons for this.

Marco however has shown time and again that he can't change tactics part way through the game (just look what Mourinho did during the week - a couple of days into the job, yet we are still waiting...) and most of all the confidence of the team comes from the manager. Kean needed to start against the minnows in the cup competition and the team be setup to press and be as sharp as possible in attack. Score goals early on and everything becomes easier, mess around and the players settle into lethargy. For this he has to go but I'd rather we take 12 points from the upcoming games and progress in the cup and then boot him out in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.